What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Excellent Commentary by Jeremy Constant

Very cool story!

Thanks for posting.

I wish I could play an instrument! Heck, I can hardly play my iPod!

Nice!!

Wow! I darn near teared up listening to that. Great story and thank you for representing us so well!

AWSOME!

Great post Jeremy! Maybe you remember meeting when my wife and I flew out from the East and stayed with my oldest son for a week or so in Oakland.

I'm tearing up too but it's because his plane is finished and flying and mine is just started:( I don't even have a violin to go with mine :(

Excellent link. Thanks that was truly a nice video. I wish I could express what I feel for my project like does

He does an excellent job of articulating how many of us feel about our connection to experimental aviation. What a great video!

Great representative

Jeremy does a great job of representing us all.
Couldn't help but think about those times I drilled into my finger (who here hasn't done that?). Bet he learned early to slow down to make sure that didn't happen!

Scott

There was a nice article by Lane Wallace In Sport Aviation a year or so back where she flew with him. She made a comment that someone with his ability in music probably has a great headset of course she stated they were Bose Headsets.

Smilin' Jack

Jeremy does a great job of representing us all.
Couldn't help but think about those times I drilled into my finger (who here hasn't done that?). Bet he learned early to slow down to make sure that didn't happen!

Scott

Funny, that's always been the first thing I think about, too, when Jeremy comes up. (The second thing is the stunning Stella Luna paint job!)

Great representation of building (and being a well-rounded person).

Wow! Look what turned up when I logged in to my favorite morning reading:D My only regret with the video is that Stella wasn't painted yet when they did this profile:( I hope she forgives me.

During the build I was definitely wary of leaving too much blood on and in the project and I quickly figured out that fatigue and heat were the two biggest precursors to something bad happening. I set a maximum temp of 108F before I would knock it off and whenever I would start rushing at the end of a day, I knew that I should stop before I ruined something or left a digit on the floor:eek:

I'm glad folks enjoyed the profile. Thanks for the nice surprise Tony:)

Louise: the older I get the more "well-rounded" I become. I'm trying to get that under control ; )

Many Thanks

I suspect this narrative will resonate with thousands. I am grateful to have the opportunity to view it.

Jeremy,

Nice video. You should consider a follow up, kind of a part 2. How have you used Stella, what changes have you continued to make, how did the paint turn out, now you are done building what do you do with your time, do you have the itch to build another one...

Tim

Jeremy Constant

Wonderful Jeremy! Thanks for creating and posting this. Someday it would be great to hear you play and perhaps even fly with you. Have a super summer of flying.

As a former violinist/classical guitar player I can Identify with all that Jeremy posted. Expression through music is outward-expression through flying is to the soul inward. I want your Strad!!!!!!!LOL

Field Trip!

Wonderful Jeremy! Thanks for creating and posting this. Someday it would be great to hear you play and perhaps even fly with you. Have a super summer of flying.

I think we should organize a fly-out to hear/see Jeremy! I'm game. Although, I think he does summer gigs in Idaho and that sounds more attractive to me than his home base.

Jeremey's paint

Saw the other video with your finished paint job. Usually don't like schemes like that but your's looks really cool. Hope you have tons of fun with it. Thanks for sharing.

Jeremy

Really great video. One of the best posts I have seen on VAF.

@ Jeremy??.Please make a flying video set to your music, or make some music available to someone that could make a similar high quality video using your music. Your plane is cool, but your music spectacular.

Is it just me, or did anyone else keep looking past Jeremy to the workspace in the hangar for ideas? :D

Very nice vid, Jeremy!

By the way, the minibike you wanted to build didn't happen to be a Heathkit Boonie Bike, did it? My brother and I built one of those puppies and 'bout wore it out. :)

Last edited:
Field Trip!

I think we should organize a fly-out to hear/see Jeremy! I'm game. Although, I think he does summer gigs in Idaho and that sounds more attractive to me than his home base.

Well...the Sun Valley Summer Symphony is REALLY WONDERFUL and tickets are FREE! It's basically an all-star band of many of the best players in many of the most famous American orchestras. We have folks from San Francisco, LA, New York, Chicago, Cleveland, St. Louis, Pittsburg, Houston, etc. You can sit in the Pavilion or bring the kids, family, pets and a picnic and sit on the lawn with a jumbotron video screen and a forest of fantastic speakers. Lot's of people like the lawn better for both sound and video as well as the vibe. No shade so bring sunscreen and a hat for the lawn.

The schedule is here:
http://www.svsummersymphony.org/schedule-and-repertoire

I'm going to be playing a small solo in memory of one of the most generous donors who died this past year to start the opening night concert on Monday August 4th and the second piece is Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony which is an intense and popular piece. Here's a link to San Francisco's version of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddfmMITX_E

Concerts start a 6:30 and only last an hour with no intermission. In the mountains (mountain standard time) at that time of year, there's still plenty of light afterwards to go eat dinner and have beautiful walk at dusk. Sun Valley/Ketchum are great walking/hiking/biking/fishing/eating/relaxing kind of places. The bike trail system is wonderful and dedicated with no cars. Lots of places to rent bikes.

It would be great to see VAF friends in the flesh and put faces to names and posts! Places fill up fast so if you want to go, start investigating places to stay. Every year a few folks from Livermore fly up as well and seem to have a great time.

Bill...I can't take credit for making the video...I supplied raw footage from my first flight and Oliver Theil who is the marketing director for the San Francisco Symphony created the video from the footage and then posted to the Symphony site and youtube. Much of the footage was shot by Ray McCrea (LongEZ builder) from Harry Crosby's RV6A. Ray also shot the stills that Louise found (thanks Louise!)

My own first flight video is here:
http://vimeo.com/11079276
The music is excerpts of SFS playing Richard Strauss' "Alpine Symphony" a musical description of climbing a mountain, which seemed fitting:D

Sam...I can't remember the name of the mini bike:(

I'm going to be playing a small solo in memory of one of the most generous donors who died this past year to start the opening night concert on Monday August 4th and the second piece is Tchaikovsky's 4th Symphony which is an intense and popular piece. Here's a link to San Francisco's version of it
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddfmMITX_E.

Hmm, that's the Monday after AirVenture and a potential stop on the way home. Unfortunately, it is also Paul's parent's anniversary (in MN), so that might not be our best date. But, a trip up there this summer is now on my Must Do list!

Thanks,

We're In!

Well...the Sun Valley Summer Symphony is REALLY WONDERFUL and tickets are FREE! It's basically an all-star band of many of the best players in many of the most famous American orchestras. We have folks from San Francisco, LA, New York, Chicago, Cleveland, St. Louis, Pittsburg, Houston, etc. You can sit in the Pavilion or bring the kids, family, pets and a picnic and sit on the lawn with a jumbotron video screen and a forest of fantastic speakers. Lot's of people like the lawn better for both sound and video as well as the vibe. No shade so bring sunscreen and a hat for the lawn.

The schedule is here:
http://www.svsummersymphony.org/schedule-and-repertoire

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ddfmMITX_E

Concerts start a 6:30 and only last an hour with no intermission. In the mountains (mountain standard time) at that time of year, there's still plenty of light afterwards to go eat dinner and have beautiful walk at dusk. Sun Valley/Ketchum are great walking/hiking/biking/fishing/eating/relaxing kind of places. The bike trail system is wonderful and dedicated with no cars. Lots of places to rent bikes.

It would be great to see VAF friends in the flesh and put faces to names and posts! Places fill up fast so if you want to go, start investigating places to stay. Every year a few folks from Livermore fly up as well and seem to have a great time.

We didn't know about that concert series, and we're only a little over 1 RV hour from Sun Valley. We have it on the calendar and look forward to seeing Jeremy perform as well as meet up with as many VAFers as can make it. Hope they have enough room on the ramp for all of us. Just got a room reserved!

Last edited:
I'm really grateful that Ray McCrea thought to do this time lapse video. He and a whole passel of good friends from KLVK Livermore helped me put Stella back together. It is a tradition we keep up when friends have their planes painted at T&P in Salinas a bunch of us go down there to help take it apart and put it back together. Some just come for the great Mexican food for lunch:) The first time I contributed was very early in my build and it was a great motivator to see how everything came apart and went together and see things get their final finish.

From a completely different perspective though, it could be seen as "it takes a village to help the village idiot put his plane back together" but we all take turns being the idiot:D It's actually great to have so many eyes on it after it has been apart and put back together. A lot can get overlooked if you're not careful and meticulous...

It looks like we have the beginnings of a fly out to Sun Valley! I look forward to seeing folks there perhaps spread over a week or two...

or walking around changing dimple dies in the pneumatic squeezer and bump the bench and JUST miss dimpling my finger. [so that's what the PITA safety thing is for]

Back