What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

My great new multi-color rudder via AircraftWraps

Arlen

Well Known Member
As of today, I have 51 hours in my -6 since I purchased it in February, and I am loving it! This weekend, I was in Tennessee, Mississippi, and back to Florida..

Recently, I got to add the "vanity" N-number I had reserved a few months ago, and then wanted to do something different. After discussion with Scott Farnsworth of AircraftWraps, I elected to have them create a checkerboard rudder. But, I didn't just want one that was the typical 2-color checkerboard, so we planned one with graduated colors, the front squares matching the plane's dark blue and gray paint....and then fading both to lighter blues and grays as the squares go rearward.

Here's the way the tail looked after I added my new N-number earlier this week:
j11pwm.jpg

Here's one of the sheets of the 3M "Controltac Graphic Marking System" material that Scott's folks had printed up before my arrival there Friday morning:
aloyyo.jpg

One of AircraftWraps' craftsmen, finishing the application of the wrap:
2wdzvp4.jpg

Look at the attention to detail on the rudder trim piece:
2hi8r2d.jpg

And, here's the happy owner (me!):
2dkhjex.jpg

I think it even made me faster on the takeoff! (Well, OK, not really faster -- but I look cooler!)
2gsr8so.jpg

THANK YOU, Scott Farnsworth and AircraftWraps!

Arlen, I was going to do the checkerboard on my rudder but looking at your before picture, I really like that pattern. Now that you covered it up, I won't be copying!! You have a nice looking plane.

Arlen,

Thank you very much for the amazing review! Hopefully you'll be joining the Weds breakfast in Sebring now? Gotta show off the checkers and demonstrate the extra 23knots the checkers added :rolleyes:

It's an honor to serve the Vans RV community.

For anyone else interested:

We can wrap the tail of an existing color scheme and flow with the original design such as Arlen's aircraft. We can wrap just the rudder completely top to bottom as well. If you want the entire vertical and rudder wrapped... yep, we do that too.

Or

We could always wrap the entire plane! ;)

Back