camera app here
to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Main > RV Photo/Video URLs
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-28-2012, 06:24 AM

Default Coo

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkatc View Post
My pooch flies just fine. Most do but there is only 1 true way to find out. When he sits in the front seat I tether him to the harness with a very short leash. When he was in the back, he was untethered. (don't tell the FAA). And I line the baggage area with a rubber-backed bath mat.

I have 2 concerns when traveling with him like this. I worry about the loud cockpit. I should really invest in doggie ear muffs. The other is the rear of the RV is drafty and much cooler than the front. I gave him my jacket but I fear he was still cold.
Cool thanks!
RV- 8, N297DW, (sold)
RV- 8, Build in progress

VAF 2021 Donation
Old 11-28-2012, 08:48 AM

Talking Got to love the RV's..

Thanks for sharing the story. We had a great trip from NW Arkansas to Atlanta for Thanksgiving also, and we also took our small dog. He flies just fine in my wife's lap, which is where he parks it on car rides also. He never flinches with any flight attitude or speed so we take him all the time now. If it's cool he gets inside whatever hoodie or jacket my wife is wearing.

We beat the driving crowd by a good 7 hours each way. I've had this RV-6A for 6 months and still can't believe it!
Old 11-28-2012, 12:22 PM

Thanks for sharing your story, I hadn't heard it before. You have done a great service to all pilots. Thanks.

Jim Fogarty
RV9A MN
Old 11-28-2012, 03:10 PM

I suggest you look into some form of dog ear muffs. Dogs rely on their hearing even more than we do so a loud cockpit can't be enjoyable especially on long flights.
I have flown extensively with my dogs and they both wear Mutt-Muffs. Neither dog liked the Mutt-Muffs initially but after a flight or two they both don't give the ear coverings a second thought. Please note it's important to get the right size muffs and properly secure them. I wish the muffs were more reasonably priced but they are cheaper than a vet visit and make me feel like a better dog owner.
Mutt-Muffs are available on eBay, Amazon, earplug store etc...

Sorry having a difficult time figuring out how to add a photo to this post.
RV-10 Flying G900x / D100, Barrett, BA Prop
RV-8A Flying Dual G3x, G430, SL40, GTX 330, GMA 340, GDL-39 in/out, GX AP, BA Prop, RV-Grin
Old 11-28-2012, 03:15 PM

Default Mutt Muffs....

Thanks, I agree -- I have purchased a set for my cocker an Oskosh this year, so we will be using them --
She's a little older, so either she is losing her hearing a little or maybe just doesn't listen to me as much -- i'm not sure which..
But, either way, she's going to wear them...
RV- 8, N297DW, (sold)
RV- 8, Build in progress

VAF 2021 Donation

Last edited by kjowen : 11-28-2012 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-28-2012, 03:56 PM

Looks like a great trip. Just curious as to how my cat Smokey who went missing from Atlanta 3 years ago ended up in St. Augustine?

John Morgan
RV6A -SMILIN 1
Old 11-28-2012, 05:59 PM

Thanks for the write up! I didn't realize you we're in St. Augustine until you were gone or we would have offered to meet up. Glad to see you made it to West Point, VA. We used to live there just across the river (Mattaponi, not York) from the airport until we moved to FL nine years ago. We just went back to visit the airport a few months ago and it looks quite a bit different-especially since the sky dive operation is gone.

RV7
Empennage and wings need tips
Fuselage kit "finished" (for the moment)
Finish kit and FWF in progress
Hartzell CS
NIB $35,000 Paperweight: Aerosport Power IO-360 with the inferior Superior crank, Dual Pmags, AFP FM200 FI

Hangar construction at 7FL4 finished.
Home construction at 7FL4 under way.

BE35 at 7FL4
C-172 at KCRG (sold)
C-150 at 7FL4 (sold)

www.mykitlog.com/cakelley
www.1379.eaachapter.org
Old 11-28-2012, 10:39 PM

[quote=MrMoisture;720393]I suggest you look into some form of dog ear muffs. Dogs rely on their hearing even more than we do so a loud cockpit can't be enjoyable especially on long flights.
I have flown extensively with my dogs and they both wear Mutt-Muffs. Neither dog liked the Mutt-Muffs initially but after a flight or two they both don't give the ear coverings a second thought. QUOTE]

My dog resisted the Mutt-Muffs initially, till someone here suggested starting the engine first, then put the muffs on so she could see(hear?) how much quieter it was with them. Worked like a charm.

Jim Berry
RV-10
Old 11-29-2012, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmilingJack View Post
Are you guys triplets?
John, I see the resemblance too!

CJ