What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x Touch System ID Mismatch

GimpyPilot

Well Known Member
So, I took my (new to me a year ago) -7A to my favorite, and super thorough A&P I/A for its first Condition Inspection under my watch plus a little avionics work. He found the aircraft to be a great example. (I'd have had Ray do the pre-purchase inspection, but the aircraft was in Florida, and we're in California). Anyway... as it to be expected, Ray found and fixed bunch of minor things in addition to inspection and maintenance items. He also did the following, at my request:

1) Added/Integrated w/ G3xT a Flight Data Systems GD-40 CO Detector
2) Swapped out the Bluetooth module with the Apple/IOS Version

During the week or so that Ray had the aircraft, the charts rolled over. I went to update the G3xT to the current cycle and got flagged for a System ID mismatch. Indeed, the System ID in my G3x no longer matches the one in my flyGarmin Account, and I cannot update the unit.

*I also updated to version 8.81 myself, shortly before taking the airplane for inspection, but after the pervious charts update. That update seemed to go fine.

I'm mystified.

Suggestions?

Last edited:
So, I took my (new to me a year ago) -7A to my favorite A&P I/A for Condition Inspection and a little avionics. He found the aircraft to be a great example. (I'd have had Ray do the pre-purchase inspection, but the aircraft was in Florida, and we're in California.). Anyway... as it to be expected, Ray found a
and fixed bunch of minor things in addition to inspection and maintenance items. He also did the following, at my request:

During the week or so that Ray had the aircraft, the charts rolled over. I went to update the G3xT to the current cycle and got flagged for a System ID mismatch. Indeed, the System ID in my G3x no longer matches the one in my flyGarmin Account, and I cannot update the unit.

*I also updated to version 8.81 myself, shortly before taking the airplane for inspection, but after the pervious charts update. That update seemed to go fine.

I'm mystified.

Suggestions?

Garmin Support can change the System ID associated with your account. [email protected]

So, I took my (new to me a year ago) -7A to my favorite A&P I/A for Condition Inspection and a little avionics. He found the aircraft to be a great example. (I'd have had Ray do the pre-purchase inspection, but the aircraft was in Florida, and we're in California.). Anyway... as it to be expected, Ray found a
and fixed bunch of minor things in addition to inspection and maintenance items. He also did the following, at my request:

I'm mystified.

Suggestions?
Michael,

There is no mystery here.

There is no such thing as "Swapped out the Bluetooth module with the Apple/IOS Version".

There is, however, a newer configuration module that includes the additional integrated circuit required by Apple if the system is going to interface with an Apple product over Bluetooth.

It was only the very early G3X Touch systems that were not shipped standard with this newer configuration module.

Changing out the configuration module always changes the System ID, so you need to contact Garmin and they will update your FlyGarmin account.

Steve

Thanks guys. Mystery solved. I'll be in touch with Garmin tomorrow!

Update: I called Garmin Aviation Experimental Support this morning and supplied them with the new System ID and my tail number. They had me fixed up in a couple of minutes.

Last edited:
Back