What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Carbon Monoxide indicator on EIS 4000

nedricher

Well Known Member
I am contemplating installing a remote carbon monoxide sensor to be wired to one of the aux input ports of my Grand Rapids Technology EIS4000. Those ports use 0-5 volt senders. The advantages would be to have a digital readout of ppm CO, the blinking master warning light would be calibrated to come on when it’s high, could monitor a developing problem with the exhaust system, no additional panel space required, it’s cheap as I already have the EIS4000. I found this sensor on line that looks like it might work. https://www.renkeer.com/product/carbon-monoxide-sensor/
Has anyone tried this and could offer advise?

I have researched similar ideas, but many sensors, the one you linked included, list an operational pressure range, in this case 90-110Kpa. I am not sure how much lower pressure will affect their accuracy, but I would want to find out before trusting one of these sensors at altitude. 90Kpa is equivalent to a pretty low altitude (~1000'?). Maybe an expert can chime in?

Chris

Thanks for the wisdom on the altitude parameter (I didn't think of that). I found this device and believe it should work well: AITHRE SHIELD EX 2.0. It is made for the application I am looking for.

Back