What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Finding an RV4 Slider

Hey guys, I’m looking to see if anyone has leads on an RV4 with a sliding canopy I might be able to buy. There were a few builders in the 80s and 90s who built them, Joseph Meyer, John Haehn, and Ray Otte are the ones I know of. I’m sure others have built them as well. I’d appreciate leads you guys have!

Attachments

• 3316E909-6D74-4380-B0D1-063F4A640264.jpeg
    3316E909-6D74-4380-B0D1-063F4A640264.jpeg
    502.6 KB · Views: 136
Hey guys, I’m looking to see if anyone has leads on an RV4 with a sliding canopy I might be able to buy. There were a few builders in the 80s and 90s who built them, Joseph Meyer, John Haehn, and Ray Otte are the ones I know of. I’m sure others have built them as well. I’d appreciate leads you guys have!

good luck on your search, i dont think there has been more than 5 or 6 built over the years.

bob burns
RV-4 N82RB

A local RV4 builder and EAA chapter friend just finished his RV4 slider. He’s still in phase 1. Beautiful job. Not for sale, but they are still being built.

Unfortunately I couldn’t find the pictures I had, must have deleted them, but I have posted them here before on a different message thread.

RV-4 Sliders

Bob

I've built 3 RV-4 sliders and 1 Harmon Rocket slider.

The first one was sold to Tom Roberts, a dentist in the Seattle area.
If you can locate him, he might know who has it now.

The second one was sold to Paul Best of Arlington Wa. He had an incident with it and sold to a fellow in Idaho (I think). Don't know where it ended up.

The third one I still have, still flown regularly by my son. We had it and the Rocket at Oshkosh in 2019.

Carr

To me, the tip over canopy of the 4 is one of its strengths. Entry and visibility are great and maintenance is low. If I ever build an 8, it will have a Fastback for these reasons.

Bob

I've built 3 RV-4 sliders and 1 Harmon Rocket slider.

The first one was sold to Tom Roberts, a dentist in the Seattle area.
If you can locate him, he might know who has it now.

The second one was sold to Paul Best of Arlington Wa. He had an incident with it and sold to a fellow in Idaho (I think). Don't know where it ended up.

The third one I still have, still flown regularly by my son. We had it and the Rocket at Oshkosh in 2019.

Carr

What was the tail number of the second one that went to Paul Best?

I spoke to the gentleman who has the first on this afternoon. Terribly nice guy, but he is very unwilling to sell

RV4 Slider

I know there is one at KWHP (Whiteman) in Socal. Polished with red trim, and an 0360/catto prop. Nice airplane.
Don't know more than that.

Back