What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-10 inflatable door seal

jor.ezq

Hello guys,
I don´t know if this was already a discussion here, I was wondering if any of you has considerated (does that exist ?) inflatable cabin door seal in order to reduce the cabin noise.
Imputs will be highly appreciatted.
Regards

Jorge Ezquerra
Buenos Aires
RV-10 190+ hours of happiness

Hello guys,
I don´t know if this was already a discussion here, I was wondering if any of you has considerated (does that exist ?) inflatable cabin door seal in order to reduce the cabin noise.
Imputs will be highly appreciatted.
Regards

Jorge Ezquerra
Buenos Aires
RV-10 190+ hours of happiness

Nope. I guarantee you that an inflatable door seal will do little to nothing as far as noise reduction compared to the other options (I have the stock Van’s seals and they work just fine, they just aren’t as pretty as the McMaster seals), will be a more complex installation, and more expensive. I don’t want to discourage you, but I don’t see any value to going this route.

My advice, save your money and put it towards good ANR headsets.

Last edited:
Yep

I also used 3/8" foam insulation...pretty sure it did not really do anything about the noise.

Bose A20's take care of the noise just fine!

My experience with inflatable door seals is that they are more trouble than they are worth. I also think that overinflation places excess stress on hinges and locking mechanism.

Where some kind of seal idea needed is the corrugated baggage bulkhead where cold air shoots to the back seaters on a winter flight, any ideas?

Where some kind of seal idea needed is the corrugated baggage bulkhead where cold air shoots to the back seaters on a winter flight, any ideas?

I simply glued in 1” wedges of high density foam into the corrugations around the perimeter on the tail cone side of the bulkhead pieces. The strips were cut to fit the shape of the “channel”. Works just fine.

Last edited:
Back