What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Panel Label Recommendation

Sandrews

Well Known Member
Needing to label a new panel. Wanting to do dry rub transfer then clear over the top. Several have recommended customrubontransfers.com but I’ve been unable to reach them after several emails and phone calls. I’m also trying colorvu.com and they are asking for font type and size. Anyone know the font type and size used on their panel? Also more recommendations on panel labeling? Not wanting to do laser etching or trophy type label pieces.

Thanks

I used AeroGraphics and was very happy.

Painting the base color of the panel, applying the lettering and then spraying a mat clear coat worked very well for me.

Attachments

• panel.jpg
    panel.jpg
    396 KB · Views: 221
Last edited:
Needing to label a new panel. Wanting to do dry rub transfer then clear over the top. Several have recommended customrubontransfers.com but I’ve been unable to reach them after several emails and phone calls. I’m also trying colorvu.com and they are asking for font type and size. Anyone know the font type and size used on their panel? Also more recommendations on panel labeling? Not wanting to do laser etching or trophy type label pieces.

Thanks

Why are you calling them? Just upload your file and order. https://customrubontransfers.com/product/black-custom-dry-rub-on-decal-transfer/ (that's the black letters page)

Just a thought.

Stein used to use black on clear waterslide then paint over the whole panel.

At $1 for a letter size sheet (laser) it is a lot less $$$ than ordering dry rub.

You could experiment.

Unless you want white lettering . . .:eek:

Last edited:
Does the panel need to be completely smooth for the dry rub on labels to look good? My panel is powder coated and has a very subtle texture to it

Thanks
Erich

Does the panel need to be completely smooth for the dry rub on labels to look good? My panel is powder coated and has a very subtle texture to it

Thanks
Erich

I can't be sure about that. I block-sanded my panel after paint, before labels. You are going to want a clearcoat over the label, so a little sanding on the panel won't hurt. I used a flat 2k urethane clear, no chemical compatibility issues with the labels.

Back