What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stainless steel grids rv 7 kit

duck

I'm New Here
Hi,
I am wondering where to install 2 stainless steel grids included in the kit.
Does anybody know where they belong to?

Nice greetings david

Attachments

• IMG_20210921_175931.jpg
    IMG_20210921_175931.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 385
Fuel vents

Long time ago for me to remember but there are grills over the fuel vents that stick out the bottom of the fuselage and provide positive pressure to the tanks. Could be used for that also.
Figs

Hi,
I am wondering where to install 2 stainless steel grids included in the kit.
Does anybody know where they belong to?

Nice greetings david

From your other thread with the stainless strip, it seems clear you are looking at a firewall forward kit. In that case a then at least one of these covers the intake for the heat muff. If you are looking at the fuselage kit then yes something like this is supposed to be glued to the fittings on the end of the vent tubes, but I seem to recall having to source my own material for this 8 years ago. Possibly vans have started to include it since then or i never ever found mine!

If I remember correctly, there was a change in design. Originally they went on front baffle where the intake to carb heat/cabin heat duct is. Then there was a change from vans to put them over the cabin heat duct coming out of the heat muff to keep bugs, debris, etc. out of the cabin. I believe the idea is that you want nothing to restrict the cold air supply into the heat muff like ice or other objects that would stick to the screen thus starving the heated air to carb. If you have fuel injection, this isn't a concern.

Back