What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-7 Replacing Nav/Strobes

David Bell

Well Known Member
I must replace failing Aeroflash Nav/Strobe
073-0530G-12 fixtures which are mounted on my RV-7 battwing. I?m finding several on the market to choose from. Has anyone replaced what I have described. Please share your thoughts.

I replaced my old nav/strobe/position wingtip lights with AeroLED Pulsar series and was pleased with the ease of installation and very, very pleased with the performance and brightness. They are easy to reach and extremely helpful. I know there are many high quality products out there so my thoughts are only out of my experience.
Best,
David

FlyLeds

My Ztron nav/strobes crapped out a short time ago. They?re out of business. In the process of installing the FlyLeds nav/strobes in the middle of my Condition Inspection. I?m a builder so like the DIY kit. Excellent instructions. Performance & appearance look good. Have seen them on other RVs. They are an advertiser on the VAF home page, check them out.

I recently installed a set of the FlyLEDs on my Rocket. Great kit and support. It was a fun build. They are crazy bright :)

I second flyleds. Paul s great to work with. Awesome bright lights.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82rb

Flyleds

At the risk of sounding like a member of a cult, I really like my Flyleds. Here are some pictures, in case it can help. Plus I like adding pictures to my posts. :D

http://www.rv8.ch/lights-in-the-wingtips/

IMG_8969-1024x1024.jpeg

Last edited:
The Cult of FlyLED

Another happy customer here. I'm not a builder but still enjoyed installing the "works" kit in my -7A. Easy assembly & install, great product, & great support.

What a pleasant surprise. I just received my order. Aeroleds LED Position, Anti-Collision and Sun Tail fixtures are an impeccable piece of work. Fine machine work and led layout quality. I?m very impressed with the design. Looking forward to the installation and final result.

What a pleasant surprise. I just received my order. Aeroleds LED Position, Anti-Collision and Sun Tail fixtures are an impeccable piece of work. Fine machine work and led layout quality. I?m very impressed with the design. Looking forward to the installation and final result.

Me too. I have those same AeroLED assemblies on my Husky, Cessna 140 and Cessna180. I have the Whelen LED equivalents on my RV-3 and RV-8. I vastly prefer the AeroLED lights. Of all types: landing, taxi, nav, tail, postions, strobes and combos. Not enough to change out the existing Whelen LEDs but enough to proclaim all future new installs and tube strobe replacements will be AeroLEDs. Walt Aronow is an AeroLED dealer, FYI. Notwithstanding the above I have become FlyLeds curious after buying their wig wag module and seeing the quality of the product. Their lights have great reviews from the roll your own crowd. But for fully assembled ready to install out of the box I will stay with AeroLEDs.

And no matter what brand you go with do yourself a favor and attach the synch wire between all strobes so they fire in unison rather than randomly. That makes you look like a Boeing 777 in the sky at night.

Jim

Back