What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Quick Question re: Autopilot servo wiring

Desert Rat

Well Known Member
Hey Guys-

I'm ordering a bunch of stuff from Vans this morning and would like to cut down on shipping by having them throw extra "down the road" stuff in the box.

Will be pulling wiring in the wings in a month or so, and I'm wondering what to run to the Aileron Servo.

Does the 10' #24 4 conductor Shielded wire they sell in the online store work? Is that what most people use?

Will be a Garmin Autopilot. I know I could look in the 900 page manual, but I thought somebody might be able to tell me off the top of their head. And yes, I'm ignorant as to how to wire for avionics.

Thanks,

Terry

Wiring

If you will be having someone build the wiring harness, they can leave a wild coil of wire to run. I am installing my avionics now and the roll harness is shielded multi wire #22...and there are two or three of them...

Garmin G3X system...

Actually

If I were doing this again, and having someone build the harness again, I probably would not bother pulling any wires; I would just make sure there were sufficient conduits. It would make the wiring easier and eliminate redundant work...

Back