What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

ClickBond Fasteners - KitPlanes Article

f14av8r

Well Known Member
There is an excellent article in the December 2018 Issue of KitPlanes on ClickBond Fasteners. I like these a lot but they've always been a little tough to purchase, at least online. The article list www.TheFlightShop.com as a certified retailer. The website is excellent and the purchase process was easy with great photos and explanations of the products.

I was also inspired by the article to learn more. Biggest issue by far is price. Like $5 for one nutplate. Whoa!

Yes, they are pricy

Yes indeed they are pricy! The miniature, two ear, floating in 8/32 and 10/32 are $3.10. Not cheap but not $5.00 a piece. I guess it comes down to how much is your time worth?

Clickbond

Clickbond fasteners are super useful, but definitely overpriced as well in my opinion. That said, I used several different types in my build, including their zip tie mounts (large and small), stand-off tube supports (for wire bundles through lightening holes), #8 and #10 studs (mounted both AHARS to the spar web under the seats with those), and the wingtip kit.

I ended up with 2 wingtip kits - my father-in-law won the raffle at OSH 2 years in a row for them! They stopped having the raffle after that...:(

Back