What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

5 seat RV10

Rowdy

I'm New Here
Can someone who has done a bench seat with three seat belts please take a picture of the seatbelt attachment points, especially the center positions shoulder and bench? I would also love to see how you made the bench. I?m considering having an upholstery shop custom fit the bench for the entire width. Thoughts?

Rowdy

Rear seat bench

I created the 3 person rear seats for my daughters and their friends, now that they are 5 years older it is a 2 seater with a little space in the middle for them, but not for three people anymore.
All you do is add a spacer aluminum piece over the gap between seats, than make one seat wider, hole in the wider seat for extra seat belt. I used the same brackets and installed two seat belts to the two inner brackets making them slight wider before coming up the hole in the wider seat and in between the regular seat and wider seat. Because it was for children I wasn't concerned with strength limitations. Now there are only one per adapter (or one seat belt connector per seat) to allow for the two larger people in the rear.

Back