What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Introducing myself

JoopSJ

Well Known Member
Hello all,

The kit is ordered and the adventure is going to begin.
VAF was of great importance to me while preparing myself for deciding to jump-in as well as deciding what to build. I want to thank the host DR for providing this forum as well the members providing all the valuable information.

It's going to be an RV-7/Slider.
The adventure will start in September as my son and myself will join the empennage building class at Synergy.

I am an airline pilot planning to retire in the near future. Flying an RV feels like going back to the source of my career when I started sport flying, more than 40 years ago. Building it myself feels like connecting the last dot to complete the circle.

Best regards, Joop

Hi Joop

Mike will be along shortly to officially welcome you. Great choice, an RV, enjoy the build and remember you eat an elephant one bite at a time.

Mike is sleeping unusually late this morning. Gives me an opportunity to welcome you as well. Keep us updated with your project. (DR loves pictures.)

Will someone check on Mike, please.

Mother's day.

I thinks some of us are still dragging from mother's day over here in the states, but you sound like we need you too, to keep up the good work. You will like the bird, they are lots of fun and a good travel platform for retirement.
Keep up the good work. Yours, R.E.A. III #80888

Welcome! This is a great site and group of people. I am building a 7A so feel free to send me questions when ever you want.

Welcome

Welcome Joop. Excellent choice. Always search this site before each step and read ahead. Make your own mistakes. Don't repeat what we have done.

Welcome to VAF

Joop, welcome aboard the good ship VAF:D

Guys....not sleeping late, just that the world turns the wrong way:rolleyes:

Welcome Joop. Excellent choice. Always search this site before each step and read ahead. Make your own mistakes. Don't repeat what we have done.

What he said.... And welcome. Just finishing the Emp of my RV7. Not to far away from you either ;) Feel free to contact me if you need anything.

Back