What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight Training in NW Chicago

lr172

Well Known Member
I am building an RV-6A and hope to be in the air by this Fall. I have not flown in several years, so need some training to knock the rust off and regain my competence this summer. I live near Schaumburg (06C), but Dupage and Palwaukee are easy as well.

I am looking for a good instructor in my area. I would love to do this in a trainer's RV, but figure that may be unrealistic. I can either rent the instructors aircraft or use the local rentals.

I found an a gentlemen for my transition training and first flight, but definitely need some more basic training to re-build my skills first.

Thanks for any suggestions you have.

Larry

I would love to do this in a trainer's RV, but figure that may be unrealistic. I can either rent the instructors aircraft ...

Larry

Not just unrealistic but in general not legal. An RV owner offering his aircraft for rent for transition training will have a waiver ("LODA") allowing him to do this - but the waiver is generally good only for bona fide transition training, not "knocking the rust off".
Plan to rent a normally certified airplane to get current (including a Flight Review). Then go to transition training.

training

Justin Cleland, CFII
Galt Airport 10C
Greenwood, IL

Just North of Woodstock but worth the trip.

Justin is a great instructor, tell him I sent you.

815-648-2433

Rosie called it the "coolest old airport I've ever seen".

There are even a couple books about it.

My hangar and RV were there and took lessons from Justin.

Back