What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

When the hangar doors open...

g3xpert

Well Known Member
Advertiser
Stay tuned for exciting news from Garmin -and plan to come see us at Sun-N-Fun!

SecretHangarGraphic.png

Thanks,
Steve

Last edited:
Woohoo!

:D Sounds like fun! :D I hope to see a small, light weight, remote-mount 2020 compliant transponder!:p Oh, yeah, at a great price too!:p

Last edited:
My money is on a holographic infrared heads up display!

--with a neural interface.

Last edited:
ok, that will be the first place we should all meet at on tuesday morning, 9am, for the big reveal. wear your =VAF= hat or shirt. see you there.

guess were we are?:cool:
image-7.jpg

Large format and lower priced waas gps

Hoping for a large format display and a lower price ifr gps!

Either way I'm looking forward to seeing the new gadgets.

See you there!

ok, that will be the first place we should all meet at on tuesday morning, 9am, for the big reveal. wear your =VAF= hat or shirt. see you there.

guess were we are?:cool:
image-7.jpg

Hey Turbo.....will c u there @0900:cool:

I looked and looked at the photo and can't see you.....I give up y'all are too well camouflaged to see where you are!:D:D

Well Turbo it looks like the dock at Peter Island to me. Peter Island Marina.
See ya Tuesday 9:00 am.

So where is this?
ehu6q.jpg

How about a VOR/ILS with a 2 1/4 inch head and remote box that will talk to a Dynon Skyview unit.. With out having to cut into the subpanel to get the radio mounted.

That would be nice. Wishing
Jack

Interesting... large screen and touch capable! I just hope they're doing what Dynon announced and keeping the buttons & knobs too. They must be.

Well, a big screen would sure a kick in the crotch for all of those arguing that the skinny little portrait format screens were "superior"... Didn't we just have THAT conversation about a year ago?

At any rate, choices are good.

Should be able to work out the dimensions using the Com and Autopilot Control panel as scale.
John

It better be big

In light of Dynon's major (free) upgrade, the Garmin announcement had better be big, or I might think they are trying to rain on Dynon's parade. Seems a little curious that Garmin would make their "announcement" the same day Dynon comes out with all their new upgrades. If left to me, I would have let Dynon have their "day in the sun" without posting about upcoming improvements. Regardless, I'll be watching...and as I said...it had better be big.

I played with the numbers a bit, using the GMC 305 as a 6 1/4" ruler. If the area in the panel is accurate, the new unit would be about 11" x 8", including the bezel area.

Dual G3X's side by side are 12" x 7.83". So the new display may be slightly narrower and slightly taller that dual G3X's.

Who knows if any of this has an ounce of fact in it. :)

In light of Dynon's major (free) upgrade, the Garmin announcement had better be big, or I might think they are trying to rain on Dynon's parade. Seems a little curious that Garmin would make their "announcement" the same day Dynon comes out with all their new upgrades. If left to me, I would have let Dynon have their "day in the sun" without posting about upcoming improvements. Regardless, I'll be watching...and as I said...it had better be big.

Healthy competition is good for us....

If I am not mistaken, all of the current experimental avionics manufacturers give their software improvements away for free. While the cost to develop that software is very high, they realize it is the price to pay for participating in this market.

Last edited:
Well that figures........ I'm a week away from finishing my third panel upgrade to dual screen G3X. Here I go again...... I'm hoping for an IFR approach compliant GPS LRU I can plug in to my new 3X (eliminating the need for a G6XX or 430), along with free data base updates.......

Healthy competition is good for us....

If I am not mistaken, all of the current experimental avionics manufacturers give their software improvements away for free. While the cost to develop that software is very high, they realize it is the price to pay for participating in this market.

Competition is indeed good. Where do you think we'd be without the "little guys" like GRT, Dynon, Advanced, etc? Would Garmin's pricing be the same without them? My original panel had Sandel, King, Garmin and S-Tec. Capable, but expensive.

Well Turbo it looks like the dock at Peter Island to me. Peter Island Marina.
See ya Tuesday 9:00 am.

So where is this?
ehu6q.jpg

Definitely the Bahamas. Too flat.
1444ca106d65f0226934a4f5992086f6.jpg
here is peter island pool.

My pic is a new marina in north sound. They had a big, real big, sail boat regatta this week. Unbelievable boats. I love the look of that 12 meter bow. It is a replica of a 1934 boat called rainbow. Headed home tomorrow. Back to rvating. See you at the garmin booth.

Last edited:
What I really need is a more affordable approved 430 alternative. ;)

The regulations on my side of the pond requires approved equipment for navigation and communication even for experimentals.

Hear hear! A new 400W replacement (no traffic, no weather, no nav, no com... just LPV-capable GPS and that's it) would be nice, too.

My thought's exactly

Thought it just seemed like they said, "Oh yeah, Watch this"

Leave it up to a bunch of RV folks to fish this out before it's official! Leave it up to an OEM to use "Mar. 25th" based on Australian time instead of US time! :)

Me...I have to feign ignorance for another 12 hrs or so!

Cheers,
Stein

Aww ****... The *ONE* thing that would make me waver even a smidget from Rob & AFS, a portrait-orientation G3X series. Rob's been quiet, the only one left of the major manufacturers to not pipe up yet.

But man, that is purty. Two of those in my 9A... Oooooohhhh... Must stop thinking wild evil thoughts.

Back