What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

only one box arrived

818 AV8R

ordered an empennage kit and only one box was shipped. was i supposed to pay the crating fee x 2 because of two boxes? vans was closed today by the time i got the package. any info much appreciated. thanks

One box

One box for the tail as I remember. Date it and take some pictures with it. It will be good for the album.

got the pics already, oh and its the small box. no skins or spar... havent completed inventory so not sure what else is potentially missing

Bad info

Looks like my memory is going. I just checked my album and I see I did receive two boxes. Sorry for the bad information. Hopefully your other box shows up tomorrow.

wish i was a hopeful but i had it sent to the local fedex facility and picked it up from there. also one one box showed up on the tracking info. Im sure vans will have info for me tomorrow.

Boxes

Picked ours up at the factory and flew them home in back of the Lance (to MKE). There were two boxes. Hope you get #2 soon!

Bill

Lost box...

Congrats on getting started!

Van Nuys huh? Lots of builders at KWHP. Don't forget EAA chapter 40. They have an RV-9A underway in the hanger. I'm also on an RV-9A on the same field.

I started my in January as well. 4 years ago tho.

Cheers!

I had mine shipped via FedEx. I made a trip over the border to pick it up .... got home and realized it was only one box as well. Luckly I live 10mins on the other side of the pond ... but it still was a pain in the rear and double the bridge toll.

Don't worry, the second one will show! This is a FedEx thing, not a Van's thing. I forget what the reasoning was for them getting split up, but it was logical at the time. I am still pleased with FedEx and will continue to use them for shipping. I will not have items shipped via UPS as they have screwed me on a few occassions. That and I worked a short stint for UPS and I was blown away from what I had seen :eek:. Receiver beware!

Last edited:
David (comfortcat)

Acutally im over at whiteman, live in Van Nuys tho. But who wants to say their from Pacoima...lol. My hangar is behind Vista... if you ever want to stop by. PM me if you want to exchange info.

Ok so here what happened: Vans sent both boxes and they were both issued their own tracking number. Only one of the numbers was sent to me tho so when I went to FedEx for pickup, they only gave me the box that I had tracking info for. No biggie as FedEx is fairly close to my house. Ahhh I can breathe again.

David (comfortcat)

Acutally im over at whiteman, live in Van Nuys tho. But who wants to say their from Pacoima...lol. My hangar is behind Vista... if you ever want to stop by. PM me if you want to exchange info.

Jason,

Will you be building at the airport or at home? I've never been into Whiteman; visitng your project might be a good excuse.:)

Miles (longranger)

To be honest I may have to wait to start this kit as I may be taking a job that will have me moving to the east coast. However If you want to see a kit partially built I can arrange to show you my previous -8 that i sold to a friend also at whp. It wings, fuse and tail are done and sitting on its gear.

Jason,

I was thinking more of lending a hand if you ever needed a "bucking buddy". With your credentials, I'm sure I could learn a thing or two from you.:)

I put off starting a -7 for several years while trying for a transfer "back east". I finally decided it wasn't going to happen, so I went ahead and "pulled the trigger" last month.

Back