What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Show us a pic of your FINISHED RV-8/8A!!!

Loving my RV8-A!!

Here is a recent picture of my RV. I have an RV grin that can't be wiped away!! Thanks Van's!

2qizp74.jpg

Sorry for multiple posts, trying to figure out the embedded image thing.

Best regards,

Bruce Spears
N922ES
Houston, Texas
KIWS - West Houston Airport

Thanks! I'm quite proud of her!

Love to fly this airplane! Nothing quite as great as smooth air and severe clear weather. 200 mph is a nice add too!

Phase I complete!

Finished my phase I test period. After those pesky CHT issues early on it has been trouble free. CHTs are down in low 300's high 290's in cruise after a lot of baffle tweaking.

Spent the day with the Dreamland Squadron boys (Dave Dollarhide, Pat Lee and Bob Woolley) flying to a few local Fly-Ins and enjoying nearly perfect flying day!
2z8b29v.jpg

nzrr47.jpg

Last edited:
Ken, your plane is beautiful. Will you be flying in to the EAA meeting at Dreamland this weekend?

Con

No wish I could. Flyin to fallon for airing training all of Nov. next month maybe. Thanks for the complement! ken

Thanks Dan,
The strip is located east of Shelby county just south of the power plant. Its known as Lazy Eight Airpark (AL17).
Stop by anytime!

My Xmas gift

Picked up my plane from the paint shop today. It's been ready for several days, but it took till now to get a stretch of good enough weather. First flew last February. It's nice to have it looking as good as it flies. Painted by White's aircraft near Vacaville, CA

vr7n1l.jpg

t03eo0.jpg
[/IMG]

It is pretty Andy!

Finally got an in-flight shot of mine on Christmas Eve:

Dan%20&%20Ben%20(small).jpg

Last edited:
That looks great Dan. Is the two-tone appearance on the fuselage a trick of the light?

That looks great Dan. Is the two-tone appearance on the fuselage a trick of the light?

Nope, it's painted that way. GM "Silver Birch" and an off-white pearl. Yeah, it's unconventional; most everyone goes with primary colors and a lot of graphics. However, I live in the car business, and upscale cars tend to use softer colors, lots of pearl, a deep clearcoat, and chrome or polished accents. Ain't no stripes on Miss Patti's Lexus.

Dan%20&%20Ben%20(2)%20small.jpg

Photo plane was a Cub, so no flaps required this AOA to remain in formation:

Dan%20&%20Ben%20(3)%20small.jpg

Last edited:
It's beautiful, Dan! Kinda like Doug R's now-red Rocket...simple but elegant, and really shows off the lines of the aircraft.

Siskel & Ebert would give it "two thumbs up!"

Nope, it's painted that way. GM "Silver Birch" and an off-white pearl. Yeah, it's unconventional; most everyone goes with primary colors and a lot of graphics. However, I live in the car business, and upscale cars tend to use softer colors, lots of pearl, a deep clearcoat, and chrome or polished accents. Ain't no stripes on Miss Patti's Lexus.

Photo plane was a Cub, so this is what we had with flaps up:

WOW such a beautiful bird dan!

Less is more...

...in this case!

Simply and beautifully upscale Dan. I'd love to see it up close during my Spring fish and shrimp fry here (2J3)...not far from you at all.

Regards,

Beatiful FastBack

Hi Dan,

Congratulations!
Nice to see such a beautiful FastBack in the air. I hope to be able to post a picture like that in about two years from now :)

You are the "TRIPLE NICKEL ONE"

You've even worked the call-sign into the scheme.....a sweet ship.. just needs the tiniest bit of color and you should move the anchor point of your shoulder harness to a single point behind your spine..
Well done sir,
Jacknife

Nice Dave!

I know what an RV8 flies like. If I visit the old country can I try the Eindecker? ;)

Hi Dave,

congratulations for your RV-8, it's really amazing!
The paint scheme is awesome! :)

I've got a question for you: the canopy looks like a Harmon Rocket canopy, have you modified the original RV-8 canopy or did you install the Harmon Rocket one?

Thanks and sorry for the bad english... I'm Italian! :eek:

My RV-8 out of the paint shop!

I just picked up my RV-8 from J & M Aviation located in Middlebury, VT (6B0). I am very happy on the great job Mike, Jason and Paul did!

DSC00912.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

Paint Scheme

Thanks, yes Pierre, i always liked the P-51 "Gunfighter" so I switched up a few details and colors.

Finally finished!!!!

2mesod2.jpg

16h2i5s.jpg

Following is a picture of the RV-8 I just finished. It was a six year project and the airworthiness certificate was issued on 5/28 and first flight was 5/31. The plane is an absolute joy to fly.

It has an IO-360 parallel valve engine, GRT screens, Garmin GNS-650 GPS, Navworks ADS-B, PMA 9000EX audio, Garmin 327 transponder, and a Garmin SL-40 second radio. Am posting a picture of the cockpit on the RV-8 instrument panel link. Dave

Last edited:
Following is a picture of the RV-8 I just finished. It was a six year project and the airworthiness certificate was issued on 5/28 and first flight was 5/31. The plane is an absolute joy to fly.

It has an IO-360 parallel valve engine, GRT screens, Garmin GNS-650 GPS, Navworks ADS-B, PMA 9000EX audio, Garmin 327 transponder, and a Garmin SL-40 second radio. Am posting a picture of the cockpit on the RV-8 instrument panel link. Dave

Excellent db8!

Have a safe phase 1.

lucky

Back