What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy clips

Wingit

Does anyone know the size of the canopy clips. I can not find specific part # C01452. I do have a piece of .032 2 1/2 x 3/8 with 8 3/32 holes similar to what is depicted in the plans 38-28 but the plans call for a cs 4-4 rivets. I have a good fit without the clips but plans call for at least three clips. Thanks in advance.

Dave

You have to match drill #30 the clip and the canopy skin. Then you can rivet with CS4-4.
3 clips are enough if your canopy fit correctly.

On 38-28 it say to dimple the clips then separate, i am wondering if I have the correct clips?
Thank you
Dave

Those are really easy to make for yourself from the trim pack. But what you have in hand is probably it.

Last edited:
Thanks. If knew the dimensions I would know for sure and could either use what i have or make them.

Dave

As I recall, the clips to hold the canopy front down prior to fiberglass are a strip with maybe 8 holes drilled in it. The strip is about 1/4" wide. I think that I cut them apart then dimpled. they are really small once cut apart.

Back