What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Need sitrep for Stella Maris Long Island Bahamas

roadrunner20

Well Known Member
Need pirep for Stella Maris Long Island Bahamas

In May, We are planning a trip to the Stella Maris Resort on Long Island Bahamas.
Can anyone give me a pirep?

Last edited:
I often go to Stella as a fuel stop and to clear customs. I know nothing about the resort, but the runway is fine and the FBO is great. Extra quick turns for fuel and customs is nice.

Stella

This is our 4th year heading to the bahamas. We have been to many diff islands. Last year we landed at stella but most of our group stayed at Cape Santa Maria. One couple was late booking so they ended up at Stella and really enjoyed it. They described it as pretty retro, and a little quiet but they actually booked it again this year while our group returns to cape santa maria We will be there may wk 1. One significant note is the at stella does not have much of a beach, its the rocky side i believe but they do have a cool natural pool, they also i believe honor the out islands flying discount $300 off if 4 nights. Just for fun, you have to look at cape santa maria website. It is seriously the nicest beach we have ever been to..white sand just honestly best beach in the world....amazing.

The airport is excellent. We stayed 4 nights last year and they gave us tie downs well off the runway by their maint shed in a well protected area. The couple that runs it was great. Just a note that they do run it like a business, which is good so they survive, but the bill on check out for fuel and tie downs was a little heavier than most other small islands.

You will love long island. Its a long drive but making it to deans blue hole is worth the trip. Funny enough a few miles from the blue hole is a sports bar. It is bizarre as you are so used to the laid back island style, the kind of slow, kind of simple way of life...and you come across this building. It looks like it could be at any intersection in north america. Pizza, ribs,burgers, draft beers, all sorts of hanging flat screen tvs...just really weird..you will know what i mean if you stop there...great lunch.

Enjoy your trip, bahamas annual trip is the highlight of our year every year...just love the small out islands. Enjoy

Thanks for the tips Rick.

It looks like we may be there when you all are there. We just moved up our trip up to May 5th, for 4 days & we will get the $300 fuel credit.
We want to do some diving & kayaking & like not being nickeled & dimed for everything as bikes, kayaks, & sailboats are included on the resort fee/tax.

We've never been that far down the chain & are looking forward to it.

Four of us stayed at Cape Santa Maria last year in May and we flew down in my buddy's Baron from Fort Lauderdale. Cape Santa Maria is hands down one of the nicest beaches I've ever seen and the resort was very relaxing. We went out fishing and caught a very nice selection of fish, which were taken to the restaurant at the resort that day and served to us that night with all the sides. Bone fishing is also available there and while the weather didn't cooperate, we still had fun with what we caught. I'd do it again for sure, especially if the wx looked good. The on site restaurant was great, and they have a happy hour in the bar every day where they serve conch fritters along with pitchers of Kalik, and a special drink of the day.

Other than one night where a bull frog was raising holy heck under the bungalow (sounded like a cat being tortured), it was quiet and peaceful. We brought a few bottles of wine and some brie cheese with us, and that served as our pre-dinner ritual each night. Verrry relaxing. I can't wait to go back.

Oh, and the airport was just fine. A good sized tarmac with baggage carts available. Have fun! We are going to get there this year at some point.

Back