What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Stratus ESG Install

s24789

Well Known Member
Patron
Just installed and flew the Stratus ESG xpndr.
Pros - tray is the exact same dimensions and holes are the same as the KT-76A.
GPS antenna install is straight forward. Using serial altitude input it is two powers and grounds in, serial alt in and ground and serial line ground. If you are using Stratus 2S there are a couple signal wires and additional powers and ground and coax. Straight forward setup.

Cons- the small and I mean small screws that hold the backing plate to the tray, the chassis ground, and 37 pin connector to the tray are low torque. We snapped one off with extremely little torque so be careful. We use the 2S so the iPad is the display. Some delays in delivery but nothing super bad.

Support - hard time at first getting hold of the right person but bare in mind they were in the midst of FAA certification. The designer and I were eventually texting while he was fishing on vacation. Extremely helpful.

Bottom line easy install even for a novice and worked right the first time.

Appareo /Stratus ESG Support

Re. support: Ask for / talk to Jordan Runsvold. He has been incredibly responsive in answering my install & encoder connection related questions. If he doesn't know something himself, he will say so and find out. Quickly. Still building; expect no issues..... at least with my Appareo stuff!

Back