What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bendix RSA -10ED1 Information

Vans101

Well Known Member
Greetings,

Can someone please help me with some information regarding the Bendix RSA-10ED1? Specifically...

-Does anyone have any instructions on how to remove and clean the internal fuel filter...including the Dos...Don'ts...and whatever you do you really...REALLY DO NOT WANT TO DO _____?

-Does it have an "install this side up" requirement? My unit is installed so that the airflow is horizontal through the device...in other words it is installed sideways...so if the unit is laying down horizontal does it matter if the side with the ID tag is pointing up/down/ sideways/ or the other sideways...On my installation the ID tag (and the fuel inlet is pointed upward)?

-Does anyone have a PDF manual specific to the "-10ED1"? I have a bunch of manuals produced by Precision Airmotive Corporation but none of them are specific to the "-10ED1" and not one tells you how to clean the internal fuel filter. I went to the Precision Airmotive website and downloaded a bunch of manuals and here is what I have:

-TRAINING MANUAL RSA Fuel Injection System
-TROUBLESHOOTING TECHNIQUES FOR THE PRECISION AIRMOTIVE
RSA FUEL METERING SYSTEM
-INSTALLATION TROUBLESHOOTING CHART RS/RSA FUEL INJECTION SYSTEMS
-Precision Airmotive Corp Service Information Letter - Fuel Systems

THANKS!!!

Guessing it is same as the 5. The fuel inlet (-4AN) has a large hex that is used to remove it from the servo. Once you remove that fitting, you will find a filter with a spring inside. Spring is welded to the filter, so it goes in spring side first. Take that out and rinse/shake in a jar with a strong solvent.

Larry

Last edited:
Back