What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Camloc Question

bill.hutchison

Well Known Member
Folks - trying to figure this out - getting better at fasteners for a non-builder but scratching my head a bit...

The aft end of my upper cowl is secured with these CamLocs as shown in the photo. I seem to have misplaced one in the shop and after quite some time of fruitless searching, I am trying to order a replacement.

I *think* this is p/n 04-03674 or 04-03675 on the AS website - https://www.aircraftspruce.com/pages/ha/fast_1camloc/sb-ss-studs.php

based on measuring the length of the stud - it's slightly longer than the .68 and slightly shorter than the .71....

Should I take another measurement? I'm not sure where to measure grip to figure this out.

And at nearly $7.00 a piece, I'd like to get it right when ordering a couple of spares....

Appreciate knowledge here. Especially if you tell me, no, dummy, this isn't a camloc, it's some-other-fastener....

Attachments

• camloc.jpg
    camloc.jpg
    237.4 KB · Views: 80
  • camloc2.jpg
    camloc2.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 109
isn't the size stamped on the head? i just ordered some and just matched the number on the head.

These arrived today. They're too big. I think I need the smaller ones. Probably going to order an assortment and figure out what I need.

Interesting that the "4" stamped on the head is different in actual size.

Too big how? Too long or too wide, or both?

Both. The slotted screw head is also too large relative to the collar/sleeve part.

Did you order a -2 or a -4 4002 camloc? What is the diameter of the "cup"? I believe different series of camlocs have different diameters of cups designed for different diameter grommets.

The 2700 Series camloc has a cup diameter of .244-.250..

Also, the 2700 Series specs. doesn't particularly give the length of the stud, but says if the combined measurement of the two panels being joined is between .060 - .089 then a -2 is the correct stud. If the combined measurement is between .120-.149 then a -4 would be correct...

They sure make it all confusing!

Attachments

• cup.JPG
    cup.JPG
    18.7 KB · Views: 76
  • cam3.JPG
    cam3.JPG
    52.1 KB · Views: 64
Last edited:
Just to tie a bow on this...

It turned out that the camloc I needed was the 2700-series.

2700-4S, to be precise.

Appreciate the help and suggestions.

Back