What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Airport communities in southern WI?

Kevin Horton

Well Known Member
My wife and I are pondering a possible relocation to southern WI. My wife grew up in Green Bay, but has been following me around Canada for almost 30 years. It may be time to move closer to her family.

Ideally, we'd have a place on an airport community, or close to a friendly airport, but with the house prices not too crazy (any money spent on a house can't be spent on avgas later).

We're looking for recommendations on airports we should consider in the very general area of Madison, towns west of Milwaukee, Lake Geneva, etc.

Lake Geneva Aire Estates

Hi Kevin,
There is one airport community near me, Lake Geneva Aire Estates. I do not know if there are any homes for sale there at this time or if there is any property available. I do have a friend that lives there and will ask him if you would like.
The community is located just to the east of Lake Geneva WI. The downside is Lake Geneva is a resort community for Chicago and can get kind of crazy in the summer, however it is a beautiful area. (short flight to Oshkosh :D).

My wife and I are pondering a possible relocation to southern WI. My wife grew up in Green Bay, but has been following me around Canada for almost 30 years. It may be time to move closer to her family.

Ideally, we'd have a place on an airport community, or close to a friendly airport, but with the house prices not too crazy (any money spent on a house can't be spent on avgas later).

We're looking for recommendations on airports we should consider in the very general area of Madison, towns west of Milwaukee, Lake Geneva, etc.

Kevin,

Take a look at Waunakee while you're here (6P3). Not an airport community per se but they have a private runway abutted by houses/hangars. Sales come up fairly regularly and prices are very reasonable; less than many airparks.

LG Aire Estates

Hi Kevin,
My friend tells me there are 2 homes in Geneva Aire Estates for sale, one is not listed but he is friends with the person that owns the house. Let me know if you would like his contact info and I will send you a PM.
Mark

Hi Kevin,
There is one airport community near me, Lake Geneva Aire Estates. I do not know if there are any homes for sale there at this time or if there is any property available. I do have a friend that lives there and will ask him if you would like.
The community is located just to the east of Lake Geneva WI. The downside is Lake Geneva is a resort community for Chicago and can get kind of crazy in the summer, however it is a beautiful area. (short flight to Oshkosh :D).

Kevin,

Take a look at Waunakee while you're here (6P3). Not an airport community per se but they have a private runway abutted by houses/hangars. Sales come up fairly regularly and prices are very reasonable; less than many airparks.

Lake Geneva Aire Estates and Waunakee are both already on our radar. Thanks for the suggestions though.

Wisconsin airport communities

Holland Airpark located about ten miles North of Lacrosse (LSE) comes to mind. Although at roughly 110 air miles from Madison perhaps not the vicinity you are looking for.

Holland Airpark located about ten miles North of Lacrosse (LSE) comes to mind. Although at roughly 110 air miles from Madison perhaps not the vicinity you are looking for.
Lacrosse is a bit further west than we are initially thinking of, but it isn't completely out of the question. Thanks for the suggestion.

LGAE

Kevin,
There are a couple of houses for sale and a lot or two available.

And a lot of RV's around.

Kevin,

I am sad to read you are planning to leave Ontario. Will you still be flying occasionally in Eastern Canada ?

I am making good progress on my RV-8 build. I hope I may still count on your help someday for my RV-8 initial flight testing program ?!

Best of luck with your move in the Mid-west USA.

Martin

Kevin,

I am sad to read you are planning to leave Ontario. Will you still be flying occasionally in Eastern Canada ?

I am making good progress on my RV-8 build. I hope I may still count on your help someday for my RV-8 initial flight testing program ?!

Best of luck with your move in the Mid-west USA.

Martin
We certainly won't be moving this year, as there are a lot of things to sort out first. Maybe in the second half of next year, or in 2018.

I'd be happy to help out with your flight testing, but given the complications of travelling back and forth, you should probably look at some of the other test pilots with RV-experience in the Ottawa area.

Back