What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Mid span panel inserts

CharlieWaffles

Well Known Member
Panels

I made a pattern and had a local upholstery shop make a leather cover with foam just like you are thinking. I had them make a cutout for the cam block on the door latch and the front and back tucked underneath the Aerosport panels.

Bob @ TCW made a pattern that he loaned me. I ordered some flat Kydex from Aerosport and cut the flat side panels from that pattern. Bob Leffler has the pattern now, it was passed on to him.... You can create the pattern very easily. I ended up painting the panel immediately under the door using a texturing technique to make it look just like the Kydex texture on the Aerosport panels. I took a panel to my paint supplier and had the epoxy paint matched to the panel color. I think it actually looks better than using the Kydex, and it saved quite a bit of weight. I did use the Kydex on the rear panels. I'll post some photos when I get home.
I think Geoff @aerosport, covered a panel,with leather, which really looks first class

Back