What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

'IO-375 Aerosport engine in RV-7's

I have an IO-375 and switched from the standard oil cooler to the larger one from a RV-10 before first flight.

I had already drilled and run the mixture and prop cables and did not want to move/relocate them.

The set up in the picture below seems to be working pretty well, at least for the first few hours of flight testing.

I used some parts from the RV-10 oil cooler mount, but had to modify them quite a bit to get it to work on my 7.

Hope this helps,
Jason

2e5rsbd.jpg

2hi3sd4.jpg

As other said, the IO-375 requires work on the brackets but also on the baffles as it has tapered barrel fins.

I had to do from a thick aluminium piece (the green primed piece) a support for using the standard throttle bracket from Van's
DSC_0831.jpg

For the mixture bellcrank, I had to cut it a little to avoid the conflict with the oil port.
DSC_0551.jpg

For the baffles, as said above, the tapered fins needs the baffles to be modified to have a good fit and a better cooling efficiency (I got the confirmation from Aerosport Power)
DSC_0833.jpg

DSC_0834.jpg

You should note that what I've done is not a reference but only a help.
If you see anything on the engine that is a "no go" (except for the exhaust wrap:)) do not hesitate to tell me:D

Back