What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

More awful Florida weather

MarkW

Well Known Member
Friend
We are developing a small group of RV'ers here at SouthEast Ramp KSFB (Sanford Florida). There are a total of nine in the group now and a few more that we haven't had contact with yet. You know who you are so drop me a line so I can get you on the email list.
This weekends trip was from KSFB to KVRB Vero Beach. They have a very nice airport restaurant. We understand a group of 25 from Spruce Creek had just left before we got there. Our group was a five ship.
Left Sanford and flew East to the coast about Kennedy Space Center.
2nriybb.jpg

Turned South down the trench
2j5aw3n.jpg

Sebastian Inlet
2n03n6u.jpg

KVRB
begab4.jpg

Part 2

Florida Golf courses still very green
zof6ep.jpg

Three of the five
nmx3yv.jpg

Two more - Group consists of a RV-12, (3) RV-7a's and a RV-9.
1z6wks1.jpg

Food picture
2vv55r4.jpg

Part 3

The RV-7a's had to give me a head start. The RV-12 stayed for sight seeing.
2qxmgbm.jpg

Heading to the coast to run North
2coir0x.jpg

Running North
126bk39.jpg

The beach
ea1v9t.jpg

Part 4

KSC VAB (Kennedy Space Center Vehicle Assembly Building)
2ly0rns.jpg

KSC Visitor Center
zvx7qq.jpg

Fires this early in the year are usually a bad sign. There have been a few in the area.
1zxqnm0.jpg

Good shot of the St. Johns river heading back to KSFB
35jvtyx.jpg

Photo credits to my wife Marsha

Keep pounding those rivets

Last edited:
Nice photos. Was it windy and gusty? Our Beach group flew to Vero Beach and Gaggle split up heading different directions. I did a five ship with a Super Decathlon, Glastar, Lynx, RV6 and RV9A to New Smyrna Beach, a 6nm trip. East of I95 was very bumpy and wind gust to 21 kts.

Nice job Marsha!

I envy you Mark. Up here in the Arctic I had a herding job today. Tough crowd and no food :)

Just a note about the fires that you see in Florida. Most of the ones in the Everglades are set by the sugar cane growers to replant their fields. MJ and I flew to Ft. Pierce in a very severe clear day yesterday and the only haze on the horizon was the smoke caused by these fires. It really spoils the atmosphere and shows how fire creates pollution.

Please include our small group from ZPH

You know who you are so drop me a line so I can get you on the email list.

Mark,

Check your PM's. Sent you my contact information.

Hope to hear from you.

Weather

Hey Ted,
A little breezy and gusty. Not too bad though. At one point I climbed to 4500' and it was worse that 3000' so I went back down. Funny thing is that returning to Sanford the wind had dropped to 4kts on the ground but remainded 20-25 aloft. Too cold for Florida. Started at high 30's and then warmed up to mid 50's.

Carl,
Your on the list so you'll get the weekly emails.

Vlad,
I included the food picture just for you. Sorry your trip didn't involve food.
I had the Roast Beef melt with Swiss. Very nice airport restaurant.

Back