What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

PTT wires

yankee-flyer

Well Known Member
I know that several years ago there was an "easy" way to fish the PTT wires through the control column but can't locate it. Help??

Wayne 120241

I know that several years ago there was an "easy" way to fish the PTT wires through the control column but can't locate it. Help??

Wayne 120241

Use a vacuum cleaner....cotton ball/fine string, suck it through, pull in stronger pull string; finally, pull wires through.

I used my air compressor and blew the string through. No cotton ball necessary ...

I would suggest 20lb. test out of the tackle box. It will stand a good pull around the sharp bend.

You might find it hard to do with a string that snags as some of the tubes are rather rough on the inside. Experiment with a few different types if you run into that problem. Fishing line sounds like it might be the best option.

You might find it hard to do with a string that snags as some of the tubes are rather rough on the inside. Experiment with a few different types if you run into that problem. Fishing line sounds like it might be the best option.

If your tube is that rough on the inside, you might want to find some way to smooth it out. If it's that rough, it can just as easily rub the insulation off the wires causing the PTT to intermittently "key".

Back