What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G5 Aviation Data Card

prkaye

Well Known Member
My G5 came with a micro-SD card labelled "Aviation Data card". Is this the card that I should use to download new software updates for the G5, over-writing whatever is currently on the card? Or is this data card for some other purpose?

My G5 came with a micro-SD card labelled "Aviation Data card". Is this the card that I should use to download new software updates for the G5, over-writing whatever is currently on the card? Or is this data card for some other purpose?

It’s just a regular SD card, it’s probably labeled that way because they have data logging turned on. It writes out a CSV file of the log every so many seconds.

I use mine to do updates also, just arrange the files like the update instructions say, it will work fine. You can delete the update files once you do the update if you want.

Every so often, I take it out and copy the csv file to a folder on my computer and erase the one on the card and let it start over, otherwise the file gets so big it slows down excel to open it.

Back