Keep VAF Going
Donate methods

Point your
camera app here
to donate fast.

VAF on Twitter:
@VansAirForceNet

Old 09-08-2022, 12:32 AM

My Echo UAT shows up just fine on flightaware.
IO360-M1B
Hartzell Composite CS
Phase 1 complete 10/29/22
KAJO
Old 09-08-2022, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikeyb View Post
My Echo UAT shows up just fine on flightaware.
Mine does too, but it’s highly dependent on where i’m flying. In this part of the country, ADS-B ground stations can get a little sparse and that seems to make all the difference. In the northern part of the state, it’s not at all unusual that I would only get brief parts of any given flight show up on FlightAware.
IFR equipped
AFS 5400/3500, G5, IFD440 navigator,
bunch of other stuff

Last edited by MacCool : 09-08-2022 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-08-2022, 06:51 AM

Most flight aware feeder stations are 1090. You can make them as 978/1090 or straight 978. Unfortunately both the dual and the 978 require a bit of knowledge beyond plug and play. Many have 978 sdrs that are actually not publishing anything because of the default configuration. I have a 978 feeder and the next closest one that is routinely active is 20ish miles away. It is about a 50 to 1 feeder ratio here in central FL. You can see the difference on Flightaware when I am close to one of those 978 stations.

As others have said, donít trust FA use the PAPR to validate your adsb install.

If you have an old stratux receiver laying around really easy to convert to a feeder and leave at the airport. Flat lander and with the rubber duck antennas I routinely get aircraft within 25 miles and occasionally up to about 35.
Old 09-08-2022, 07:21 AM

Way to go Scott!!

Yes, phase I is a lot of checking adjusting flight data and problem solving. Like a field commissioning of a new project, making sure it meets all the requirements.

This is where the final tuning to all the issues. I made a problem sheet form with assigned number, data, etc in its own file. And worked each one until it was done. Like a regular engineering report.

Well almost all, I still have (after 230hrs) to adjust the air exit area for #4 baffle to lower the CHT by 20F. It is going to be a super pain, thus the procrastination.

Great thread.