What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

heard to find fuse style

seagull

Well Known Member
Does anyone know who supplies these rounded top fuses. These are the ones with the LED that shines when the fuse is blown. I have found the flat top ones everywhere but these rounded ones are like hen’s teeth to find.

The flat ones work, this is about appearance.

FF396FC3-3379-4897-89C9-B655F68CC6B9.jpeg

I bought a bunch from Stein air.

This was from Tim at Stein Air today;

It seems to be an availability thing... All of the 30A (sa-230L) are rounded translucent but only some of the 7.5s, 25s, and some others and it looks like none of the 5A(L) are translucent.
I can do my best to make sure you get the translucent ones when your order comes through but I can't guarantee you won't get the "more opaque", squared-off fuses like this:

I bought some spare auto fuses with LED indicators at Harbor Freight. I intentionally blew one to see what the LED looked like. They work fine.

https://www.bluesea.com/products/category/15/76/Fuses/easyID_Fuses

Use the "where to buy" option to find a distributor/retailer.

Disclosure: I am an engineer with Blue Sea, I have nothing to do with sales and receive nothing other than my normal paycheck every two weeks.

I'm just trying to provide another option.

Cheers!

Thanks rtlongdon, I have researched all the other styles, the easyID look the best of what I can find available.

The ones I am looking for have the name "smart glow", it is a different appearance from "easyID".

smart glow.jpg
Smart Glow, the style I am looking for.

easy ID.jpg
EasyID

littlefuse 2.jpg
Littlefuse

I used to always use these fuses with lights in them that illuminate when the fuse blows. Unfortunately when the light is activated the light circuit causes an ohm meter to show continuity when trouble shooting. In other words the multimeter shows good continuity rather than open circuit. So working from component back to under the panel can be a frustrating process unless the fuse panel is easy to access and easy to view. So while a novel idea I swore off of them.

I used to always use these fuses with lights in them that illuminate when the fuse blows. Unfortunately when the light is activated the light circuit causes an ohm meter to show continuity when trouble shooting. In other words the multimeter shows good continuity rather than open circuit. So working from component back to under the panel can be a frustrating process unless the fuse panel is easy to access and easy to view. So while a novel idea I swore off of them.

Obviously the LED is for quick identification of a blown fuse, that might be important at 8,000' trying to trouble shoot a problem.

With the meter across a blown fuse it reads 0 ohms on the 60 mega ohm scale, swapping lead polarity is the same.

Back