to donate fast.

Go Back   VAF Forums > Avionics / Interiors / Fiberglass > Autopilots
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2020, 04:37 PM

Hi TruTrak Andrew,

Sent you a PM

Thanks!
Old 09-14-2020, 05:35 PM

I upgraded my TruTrak Digiflight II to the Vizion 385 in my 9. Really like the autopilot. And support from Andrew was excellent.
I only have two comments, neither of which is major.
1. The autopilot porPoises just slightly in altitude hold. So little that my wife doesnít even notice. But I do. Tried various sensitivity settings to no avail. Not a big enough issue to bad mouth the unit
2. When I did the upgrade I sure wish they would have offered, even with additional cost, a harness with pins. Had to solder each and every wire. That was a pain. The whole Upgrade install would have gone much much faster and easier. And I would have been happy to pay for a harness with pins.
Other than that, couldnít be happier.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALagonia View Post
I upgraded my TruTrak Digiflight II to the Vizion 385 in my 9. Really like the autopilot. And support from Andrew was excellent.
I only have two comments, neither of which is major.
1. The autopilot porPoises just slightly in altitude hold. So little that my wife doesnít even notice. But I do. Tried various sensitivity settings to no avail. Not a big enough issue to bad mouth the unit
2. When I did the upgrade I sure wish they would have offered, even with additional cost, a harness with pins. Had to solder each and every wire. That was a pain. The whole Upgrade install would have gone much much faster and easier. And I would have been happy to pay for a harness with pins.
Other than that, couldnít be happier.
Did you adjust sensitivity and gain on both the Vizion and the 5600? Start with the Vizion, the fine tune with the same settings on the 5600.
Old 09-14-2020, 08:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rleffler View Post
Did you adjust sensitivity and gain on both the Vizion and the 5600? Start with the Vizion, the fine tune with the same settings on the 5600.
I have a dual 4500 system. Iíve only adjusted the sensitivity on the EFIS. Didnít know I could adjust it on the Vizion. Iíll have to,get out the Vizion manual and see where I go to make that adjustment.
Thank you sir.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Went through the TruTrak Vizion manual and find nothing indicating how to adjust sensitivity and gain for altitude hold. Do you know how this is done?
Old 09-15-2020, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALagonia View Post
Went through the TruTrak Vizion manual and find nothing indicating how to adjust sensitivity and gain for altitude hold. Do you know how this is done?
Chapter 5 in the operations manual, not the install manual. I have the initial release of the doc. I donít know if there are updates available.
Old 09-15-2020, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Chapter 5 in the operations manual, not the install manual. I have the initial release of the doc. I donít know if there are updates available.
I wonder if we have different manuals. Just read Chapter 5 again and cannot find anything there. The manual I have that came with the Vizion 385 is TruTrak Doc:167