What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Fuel filter?where would it be?

Rodney

Good day,

RV-7A. Not the builder and looking for the fuel filter.

Not in tunnel between seats and firewall. I?ve checked between fuel selector and elec fuel pump mounted on firewall in the tunnel.

Also not in engine compartment between electrical fuel pump and gascolator

Where else should I check?

Thanks
Rodney

Is it a carbureted engine?
If so, then the gascolator you mentioned having, is the fuel filter. It should have an internal filter screen.

The Facet pump installation instructions say it is required to have a filter before the pump. I installed mine in each wing root at the tank as I didn't want to have to check and clean a filter in the cabin. I also have a gascolator on the firewall as required in Canada.

pickups

There should also be a screen on the ends of the pickup tubes inside each fuel tank to prevent any coarser particles from getting into the fuel lines.

Copy all-thanks!

Thanks for the input!

I looked in wing roots-no filter so seems the gascolator is in fact the filter.
If the engine pump fails, we depend on the electric pump; suppose we are assuming it won?t be contaminated that day.
Such is life

Fly safe
Rodney

Thanks for the input!

I looked in wing roots-no filter so seems the gascolator is in fact the filter.
If the engine pump fails, we depend on the electric pump; suppose we are assuming it won?t be contaminated that day.
Such is life

Fly safe
Rodney

Don?t fret it. My carburated Piper Archer only has a gascolator, too. 46 years without a problem. :cool:

Back