What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Rapco vs Cleveland Pads

Kyle Boatright

Well Known Member
I recently replaced my brake pads with Rapcos - they were in Avery's packaging, since discarded. When I went to mount the puck holders, the pads interfered with the portion of the disc that nests inside the wheel. In comparing the Cleveland pads vs the Rapcos I had, it looks like the rivet holes on the Rapcos are not aligned the same as the ones on the Clevelands. Bottom line, that set of Rapco pads would not work on my airplane.

Here's a picture with a Rapco pad aligned behind a Cleveland pad:

A new set of Cleveland pads from Van's fit just fine.

Is this a unique thing (maybe a defective set of pads), or...?

Is it possible someone sent you the wrong pads? There are many different ones, sometimes the only difference is a slight change in the hole spacing.

Kyle, I've used them interchangeable for some time,may have even mixed them on a single wheel . More so on the LEZ than the RV9 but never have seen that as a problem assuming they are the correct P/N.

I'd agree with the others. Verify the p/n is right and call Rapco if you think something isn't right. I've bought many pairs and they are always exactly the same as the Cleveland for geometry. Something abnormal is going on.

I'd agree with the others. Verify the p/n is right and call Rapco if you think something isn't right. I've bought many pairs and they are always exactly the same as the Cleveland for geometry. Something abnormal is going on.

Both the packaging for the pads and the vendor which sold the pads are gone, so there's really no follow-up to be done. Either I ordered the wrong part, the vendor sent the wrong part, or the part was improperly packaged. There's no way of knowing at this point.

Back