What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GRT Horizon 10.1 / GRT Autopilot Settings

Rjk921

I’m a few days away from having my panel upgrade competed. Looking for some guidance with regards to initial settings. I realize fine tuning will be an ongoing task but if you have had success with regards to adjusting gains with the GRT system to use as a starting point, it would be much appreciated. It’s in a 9a but to get started any RV would be great.

Thanks,

I’m a few days away from having my panel upgrade competed. Looking for some guidance with regards to initial settings. I realize fine tuning will be an ongoing task but if you have had success with regards to adjusting gains with the GRT system to use as a starting point, it would be much appreciated. It’s in a 9a but to get started any RV would be great.

Thanks,

Greg designed the AP around his 6 and all of the PID settings at 100 (his version of neutral) are considered baseline for that model. I would start there. The GRT does take some work to dial in and many are not 100 on my 6, but not radically far off 100.

Start at the defaults

I fly GRT HXr with GRT pitch and roll servos in my RV-8, and while I don't recall exactly the settings, none are more than 5%-10% off the default. I would recommend starting at the default (100%) and fly it. They are easy to adjust airborne. Of course the 9A has different handling characteristics than an RV-8, and certainly others more experienced may have a different opinion. In any case, this is quite easy to arrive at your optimal settings through flight test. Remember to check ALL modes as you may likely need different performance in different modes.

My Old Sport SX and New 10.1 Sport

All setting at 100….after 500 hours in past 4 years, I wouldn’t change a thing.

Back