What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Washers for AN Bulkhead Fuel Fittings?

s10sakota

Well Known Member
Does anyone know what kind of washer to use for an AN6 bulkhead elbow fitting? Spruce has the blue aluminum elbows and the nuts, but no washers listed. I'd like to have a washer under the nut. Do 'they' not make washers for these?

This is the elbow I'm using...

I used a steel fitting like the one you show. There is a doubler on the firewall and I used a stainless steel washer, AN960C716, which is available from Aircraft Spruce.

Made my own washers

I made my own aluminum washers in a few minutes using drill press with a hole saw for OD and than drilling out ID, I think I used 1/8" aluminum from scraps.

Steve

Does anyone know what kind of washer to use for an AN6 bulkhead elbow fitting? Spruce has the blue aluminum elbows and the nuts, but no washers listed. I'd like to have a washer under the nut. Do 'they' not make washers for these?

DWG 36 section E-E for the 7 (DWG 36A view E-E for the 7A) call out AN960-716 (cad plated steel) washer similar to what Rapid Ascent (Ray) noted.

Thanks for the replies guys-I bought some of the washers that rapid_ascent pointed me to. I like those as the outside diameter is small. They will work great.

Back