What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dynon servo install

nohoflyer

Well Known Member
Patron
The installation of the servo motor into the bell crank seems pretty straightforward. The wiring is what gets me. I’ve looked over some of the Dynon docs and don’t have real clarity on what types of wires to run.

I know this has been done before in a RV-7. Can anyone assist with pics or info?

When I spoke to Steinaire regarding wiring my Dynon pilot tube they were about 70% helpful.

Thx.

Harness ordered from Dynon. Initially I saw different models but then I found the one under autopilot and got the correct one.

Thx.

The installation of the servo motor into the bell crank seems pretty straightforward. The wiring is what gets me. I’ve looked over some of the Dynon docs and don’t have real clarity on what types of wires to run.
SNIP

What I do for AP servo wiring:
- One four #22 conductor shielded wire for the two network connections
- One #20 single wire for power
- One #20 single wire for ground
- One #22 single wire for AP disconnect

Three RVs done this way - all work as advertised.

Carl

I have the servos and haven't installed them yet, but do intend to fit the limiter.

I'm also putting a servo power switch on the panel just in case they ever do anything screwy, then I can instantly cut the power. I don't trust the yellow wire and push button alone.

SNIP

I'm also putting a servo power switch on the panel just in case they ever do anything screwy, then I can instantly cut the power. I don't trust the yellow wire and push button alone.

For this abnormal condition, why not just open the AutoPilot servo breaker to kill power to the servo?

Carl

Back