What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Strobe "arrhythmia"

WingnutWick

Well Known Member
Recently noticed the 6A's strobes to be a bit inconsistent. They will operate sporadically with pauses (some long, some short) between operation. Provided this isn't a loose wire situation - I'm guessing the box is the likely culprit? Am I correct in this thinking?

Thanks,
Charles

Seems like reasonable thinking to me. I'd definitely check for any loose wires, chafing, or possibly a poor ground before replacing an expensive strobe box.

And I'm impressed that anyone can spell "arrhythmia"...:rolleyes:

Charles,
Do you have Nova brand strobes? If so, they have multiple settings for flashing the strobes. Try switching to a different pattern. If that clears it up, you probably have dirty switch contacts. Did the system sit for more than a year unused? If so, long time lack of use causes the capacitors to break down. Sometimes it's possible to "recondition" the capacitors. If not, you could open the box and change the capacitors, if you are handy with a soldering iron. Be VERY careful inside the box. Be sure to drain all the capacitors prior to working inside. Otherwise you will get a really nasty shock. Maybe you have a friend who is handy with electronics who could change them for you?

Last edited:
Back