What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Advanced Flight Systems ROCKS!

olyolson

Well Known Member
Friend
Advanced Flight Systems ROCKS!

I recently installed the new Kavlico fuel and oil pressure transducers and had some confusing indications on the EFIS that I’ve been trying to figure out for weeks. The VAF forums are great but I couldn't find my exact issue addressed in the posts. The fuel press showed 12 psi and the oil press showed 10 psi in the hangar. Traded e-mails with Rob Hickman at AFS yesterday and he called me today to fix the issue. Ended up having to take the EFIS out and cut two jumpers off the engine board. He sent me the required documents and talked me through the procedure. Kinda scary at first cause I had to take the back cover off the 5400 EFIS, separate the engine board from the main circuit board and cut the oil & fuel press jumpers on the engine board. Put the EFIS back in and the pressure indications are now zero again.

So how’s that for customer support? You contact the support line with a problem and the president of the company calls you back to talk through the problem.

I say again- AFS ROCKS!

Last edited:
Agreed!!!

I don't think there is any better customer support in the avionics world than AFS. We are blessed to have great companies at our fingertips. AFS, Steinair, Approach Systems are top shelf.

Ditto

And don’t forget Vic Syracuse with the “Are your nuts tight” book and his and Nick’s great You tube channel, Paul Dye for his breath of knowledge and insights, Walt Aronow for his incredible panel transformations, Dan Horton for just being one of the smartest guys on the planet, Levi Self for all his intricate and detailed avionics work I’ve read about and of course Doug Reeves and this amazing forum.

We are truly blessed to have such smart and amazing people here. Those are just to name a few, lots of other smart guys out there that help the rest of us bumbling nincompoops.

“Sure is nice to have smart friends”

I have had AFS build 2 quick panels, RV7 & Javron Super Cub. First class product and support!

When the built-in ADAHRS on my 11 year-old 4500 EFIS failed, I replaced it with an AFS 5400 because it fit the same panel cutout. It also switched me over to a Dynon SV network arrangement, which is very slick and a great starting point for other changes and additions down the line. That whole custom arrangement was handled brilliantly by Advanced Flight. The install had some kinks that were beyond my utter avionics cluelessness, but Rob or Shawn or Jonathon were always readily available by phone, even on weekends and after hours. The interface and functionality of the AFS 5000-series is top notch and very usable.

I’m anxiously awaiting a new 5600 Efis. Removing a 4500 and a 3400. AFS is top notch stuff. I’m even getting a very fair trade-in on my old components. Try to top that!

Thanks for the kind words. I agree wholeheartedly with regards to AFS. They really set the bar for customer service and quality products!

Vic

Back