What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

I was photographed!

ConAgraPilot

I was photographed by @airbaer150 (Mike Baer) at C09 the other day and wasn't aware until someone told me!

IMG_1456-e1615858144222.jpg

Its that retractable gear that make it look so fast! Great shot.
It was the perfect angle, wasn't it? Excellent shot! I'd have a framed enlargement made of that one. Always a cool feeling seeing this paint scheme and having it remind me of flying in the actual P-51 with Elmer Ward. That used to be my wallpaper before I started building my RV-8.

Last edited:
Wow !

Wow, very nice RV-8 :cool:
Wow, very nice photograph :cool:

It's motivating to continue the thousand little details to finish mine...
Thanks !!!

Google your N number from time to time (registration number for those not in USA). I've found photos I didn't know about. Also found some oddly related aircraft registrations, since Google is not perfect. Fun stuff.

Picture

Mike,

That is a great picture at the perfect angle. Quite a snazzy paint job! I see you are probably a UAL guy based in ORD? I retired last year and am so glad I am not commuting to work any more. 22 years getting on RJs to go to work was not my idea of fun but now I am a full time RV pilot so life is good!

That P-51 is now in Palm Springs. I have spoke to them via Instagram and we will do some photos together when ever I make it out there.

It was the perfect angle, wasn't it? Excellent shot! I'd have a framed enlargement made of that one. Always a cool feeling seeing this paint scheme and having it remind me of flying in the actual P-51 with Elmer Ward. That used to be my wallpaper before I started building my RV-8.

Yes I’m at UAL on the 73 now in ORD. Live just Northwest on an airpark, Poplar Grove(C77).

Mike,

That is a great picture at the perfect angle. Quite a snazzy paint job! I see you are probably a UAL guy based in ORD? I retired last year and am so glad I am not commuting to work any more. 22 years getting on RJs to go to work was not my idea of fun but now I am a full time RV pilot so life is good!

Right place at the right time.

That’s the shot every RV owner out there wishes he had of his own plane. :D

Back