What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

seeking sliding canopy install videos & coaching

0302lj

Getting close to installing the sliding canopy. Have a couple local pals that have some experience but thought i would ask if there's reference videos out there that i can view? Yep, "read the manual" but still nervous as heck!

Jerry

No videos, but if you look through the build log in my signature I have a bunch of pictures and words from building my slider canopy, along with some hopefully helpful notes.

Matt and I built our slider canopies about the same time. One important difference is that I built my canopy just slightly later, giving me all the benefit of Matt's experience!:D
Highly recommended, as is everything else on Matt's build log!

Are you building at an airport, if so which one. I'd like to come and see your project, I'm in Ionia Michigan. I built an RV6 slider and and RV8.

The Orndorff finish kit DVD covers the sliding canopy.
Unfortunately, I believe the Orndorffs have retired and may not sell the DVDs anymore.

Their phone number on the website before it shut down was 704 956-3087. Becky and George Orndorff.

Last edited:
Check my Kitlog

Feel free to check my Kitlog link in my signature. Mine turned out very well. Am available to answer any questions. PM me for phone number.

Back