What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

CG numbers RV-10 from datum to wheels

avee8tor13

Well Known Member
Folks,

What kind of numbers did other RV-10 builders come up with from the 99.44 datum point to the LF, RT and nose gear? Vans quotes 124.44, 124.31 and 50.44. I came up with numbers 123.75, 123.63 amd 49.39.

Thanks all

Tim Nash

Definitely use your numbers, though I understand the desire to sanity check what you got. You can see mine here (scroll to the bottom): http://kochman.net/N819K/?p=902.

As an aside, I think it's funny to see these measurements out to the 1/100". I doubt mine are even accurate to 1/10".

-Rob

I thought it was interesting Vans used numbers with two decimal values to the right.

Thanks folks. I appreciate your timely responses. Appears different builders are coming up with some slight variations. I was wondering if the numbers would change based on the weight of the plane. The heavier the plane the chance the main and nose gear may squat out a bit more. Just a thought....

Similar question, but concerned about these numbers...
Left - 123.0
Right - 122.25
Nose - 51.0
Empty weight -1689

Mains "seem" considerably forward than Van's numbers and appear to be "cocked" 3/4". 3/4"seems like a lot and concerned about the mains not tracking parallel to the direction of travel on the ground and everything that's associated with that.

Check your measurements carefully and be sure to take them while it?s leveled.
The main gear will be off that much. Mine were. I went over it several times until I figured it out.

Back