What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

1day 3day 7day

chuck

Well Known Member
Doug:

If you ever make it to the BlueMountainAvionics site they have icons for looking a posts from the last 1/3/7 days (similar to your 'today's posts'). These would be pretty nice on your site. I don't make it in every day but certainly twice a week so it would be nice to be able to see the recent posts in a threaded format. This makes the loss of email digests a bit more palatable.

Great work.

Chuck

Hi Chuck.

Look for the 'New Posts' link up top (when you're logged in). It will show you every post that has been posted since your last visit. After you view them select 'Mark Forums Read' from the 'Quick Links' menu.

Kinda what you're looking for?

B,

Sort of

Right now it doesn't look like it's really working how I might expect it. Just because I've come to the forums doesn't mean I've looked at everything. I logged on this morning and check a couple things. Came back an hour later and it gave me a handful of messages, even though I know there are a bunch I missed.

Seems like the email digest lets me not miss a thing, and a way to look at all messages posted over some time period does that but using last time I logged in ASSUMES that I looked at everything.

Anyway, I love the site, great work. I'm a believer. Way better than yahoo, quite frankly I'm shocked that they can't do better.

Chuck

I've noticed the same thing. One morning I followed a link from the main VAF site to the forum, but didn't read through any other posts. My "new post" timer seemed to get reset at that point. When I visited again later in the day, only a few messages showed up in "new posts".

It would be nice to have a way to see posts from the last 1/3/7 days. I've seen that on other forums. Not a big deal, though. This forum still rocks!

Dave

Back