What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

RV-8 Training in NC or surrounding areas?

cwilkins

I have a chance to buy an -8 at a really good price, but have very little tailwheel time in a Super D. I owned a -7A in the past and feel like I would be comfortable flying the -8, but getting it in the air and back down safely concerns me. Are there any -8 pilots in the area that could provide some transition training. Actually, I don?t care if you?re a CFI or not, I think just getting some time in the backseat with an experienced -8 driver would be helpful.

Craig
919-440-9710

Mikey Mathews ..

Hi Craig, I can recommend Mikey Mathews at Acrodynamics based at Lake Norman Airpark . He has helped several in the region, and has plenty of RV time. There are others around as well and I'm sure others will chime in.

Kent Gorton at Mallards Airpark south of ATL has a RV6 set up for instruction and a LODA from the FAA to provide training.

Kent Gorton
314 368 6007

Kent Gorton at Mallards Airpark south of ATL has a RV6 set up for instruction and a LODA from the FAA to provide training.

Kent Gorton
314 368 6007

Kent is a great instructor. He accompanied me on the first flight of our RV-7A as an additional pilot and also did some tailwheel training for me in his 6.

However, he has sold the RV-6 and no longer does training.

Back