What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

you guys finally did it.

daviid

Well Known Member
after browsing this forum for about 4 or 5 years. you all finally did it. you made me fall to peer pressure and place a order for a 10 empennage kit. i blame you all :p

i believe it will be shipped out next week sometime. Hope to get confirmation on monday :) now time to buy some more tools.

Last edited:
Another one bites the dust. Addicts breeding addicts. VAF is the gateway drug to ultimate highs and occasional lows.

Congratulations!

--
Stephen

Congrats! That's one of the hardest parts and be aware you bought way more than a kit. It's being part of an awesome community all over the world which comes with it.

Mike

AHHH the peer pressure. I guarantee you that you'll hear 'fuse kit", fuse kit" in you head all the time!!! But its great!!
:D

after browsing this forum for about 4 or 5 years. you all finally did it. you made me fall to peer pressure and place a order for a 10 empennage kit. i blame you all :p

i believe it will be shipped out next week sometime. Hope to get confirmation on monday :) now time to buy some more tools.

Congratulations! Now put that grill at the backyard to work and invite Flash Mob Squadron. You are on our territory and we have to approve the move. :D

Guilty!

David,
Way to give in to the pressure! I'm glad to be part of the guilty party. Stay Calm and Build On!

:cool:

Thank you everyone, i am beyond excited. I can't wait. I just got confirmation that my kit should ship next week!

Builder Number?

Welcome to the madness. Be sure to report your builder number, so we know how many RV10 tailkits are "in process." :)

Blame?

Welcome to the club.... Now your wife/significant other will know where
you are for the next four years!
Jim Frisbie
RV-9A, 375 hrs.

Welcome to the club.... Now your wife/significant other will know where
you are for the next four years!
Jim Frisbie
RV-9A, 375 hrs.

thank you!

i will be at the same place i always am. my office. i have a 2400 sq ft warehouse that doesn't see much inventory! today i had some of my guys help build some tables. i think we have 3 standard eaa 1000 tables built, and 3 "mini" 46" long tables. tomorrow the last 2 will be finished.

i got one mini setup as a dedicated power tool table (Drill press / Bandsaw / Bench Grinder), another mini dedicated to a business tool.

right now im leaning towards the planetools kit with a few add-ons from cleaveland.

right now im leaning towards the planetools kit with a few add-ons from cleaveland.

Don't stress out over getting the "perfect" kit .. you'll find lots of reasons to call Avery / Cleavland / Spruce / Brown, etc to get the stuff you'll need down the road.

My favorite add-ons: tungsten bucking bar, alligator squeezer, Cleavland dimple dies (regular, sub structure, tank, #6 and #8), die grinder. #40 and #30 reamers ... and about 800 #40 clecos.

I believe the first RV-10 tail kits were shipped in fall 2003, so the model is celebrating its 10th anniversary. If Van's is now shipping #1517, that works out to 150 tail kits per year, not a bad average. Vans website shows 609 of these are flying.

Excellent! I started this time of year 3 years ago. Great to get started while work is slow and there is some vacation time with the holidays. Just be sure to stay warm in the garage!

well its here. im still waiting for my tool order to come in though. I didn't get the whole WTF did i get myself into feeling as Ive seen many people post. Perhaps its because I've been living vicariously through everyone else on here. I got the majority of my toolbox built. once I get the remainder of my tools, I will finish that and the wing kit project.

I do believe the best reaction was when we handed my dad one of the bulkhead sections was "im going to fall through that thing if i sit on it"

Back