What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Blocking unnecessary fuel tank fittings?

claycookiemonster

Well Known Member
My tanks were constructed with fittings for return lines, but no return is needed. So, I'm thinking of simply laying some Proseal on the fitting and screwing on an AN cap and be done with it. Anything here I'm not seeing. I suppose the prosealed cap could be removed if a return line was needed in the future.

My thinking is if we can trust AN lines to stay tight why not an AN end cap. I would think you would have a lot of trouble removing with Proseal installed and who knows what the future will bring. Mine is capped but we chose to not install any fittings on my friend’s build as neither of us are using return lines.

Proseal not needed

My tanks were constructed with fittings for return lines, but no return is needed. So, I'm thinking of simply laying some Proseal on the fitting and screwing on an AN cap and be done with it. Anything here I'm not seeing. I suppose the prosealed cap could be removed if a return line was needed in the future.

Clay, Don't apply ProSeal to the AN end cap. It's not needed and could cause problems if you want to remove the end cap in the future. What size fitting is installed here? Usually, the return lines are AN4, while the feed lines are AN6. Return lines, in conjunction with an AndAir duplex fuel valve are a useful addition if you have a mechanically fuel injected engine. The return flow helps prevent vapor lock in the system [usually after shut down, causing hard restarts]

Back