What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Holes in right wingtip aluminum

E. D. Eliot

Well Known Member
Replacing the aluminum on both wing tips. The large underside aluminum sheet has three pre-drilled holes already drilled into it which correspond to plate nut spacing. My old wing tip underside sheet did not have these three holes. My older KAI doesn't mention these three holes. Any idea as to what purpose these three pre-drilled holes are used for? Thanks.

YES

Replacing the aluminum on both wing tips. The large underside aluminum sheet has three pre-drilled holes already drilled into it which correspond to plate nut spacing. My old wing tip underside sheet did not have these three holes. My older KAI doesn't mention these three holes. Any idea as to what purpose these three pre-drilled holes are used for? Thanks.

Yes for the Nav and strobe lights. It's a little different set up because of the new wiring harness.
opQ.png

Thank you, David

Thank you, David for the reply - it makes no sense for my Mk-1 RV-12 but I can see how those holes work for the 12is. Thanks again, Ed Eliot

Back