What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Poor service from Whirlwind Aviation

amerkarim

Hi All,

Have any of you had any experience with Whirlwind Aviation?

I placed an order with them for a prop for my RV10 and paid the deposit on 17th June 2019. I was told the lead time was 10 weeks then. Now 20 weeks later, my prop is still not ready, nor do I get any responses to the emails that I send enquiring about its status.

Is this normal for them? Who can I contact directly at Whirlwind about this? Does anyone have a contact for someone there who can give me a definitive answer ... because I am now getting very frustrated with the delay and no communication.

I think I may just cancel the order and get a Hartzell blended prop from Vans instead. It will probably be on the shelf and delivered more quickly ?

Thanks

Amer

Armer,

I've had nothing but great service from them on my RV-10 prop. Call Nichole Fundis as she's been a great help. You can also email Jeremy, the manager, since he doesn't answer the phone much. He'll usually reply within a day or so. Their email addresses are their first names @whirlwindaviation.com.

Hi Amer, Just fyi I also ordered my RV-10 prop in late May of this year. I just got confirmation of shipment last week so you should be getting close. Whirlwind has been a great company to work with and yes their shipping estimates are a little off...ok maybe a lot... but they still come through and they have a great prop.

Nicole is only working evenings now and has been off on maternity leave until recently so give her a chance to catch up. :)

Thanks Guys,

I managed to call them and speak to Jeremy, and he has agreed to cancel my order and refund my deposit, so if anyone wants a new prop for a 10, there is probably one somewhere close by on the production line.

I placed the order and paid the deposit on the 17th of June 2019 and was told the prop would ship in 10 weeks. It has now been 20 weeks since and the prop is not even finished yet.

I certainly wouldn't call 10 weeks a slight delay in delivery when the prop has not even been made yet. I think being honest with your customers about your products, and delivery times is very important. If you say 10 weeks, then it should be 10 weeks.

Happy landings all

Back