What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flying to Dallas

aguiraf

Well Known Member
Does any body have a recomendation in regard to F69, Dallas Airpark, for this coming weekend? Or Should I land at Addison KADS?. I will be in the area for 2 days.

Regards,
Gus
N996US

i've not been to F69 but I've been to ADS many times...avoid it! Long waits for TO and landing especially if IFR. Fuel will be at least $1.00 more at ADS not to mention tie down fees.

I used to live in Frisco. Look at Aerocountry and McKinney. Aerocountry is probably closer but McKinney has better facilities (and probably higher fuel prices).

Aero country does not have public tie downs last time I was there. Also they do not have any fuel for purchase. I could be completely wrong but that's what I remember.

-david

T31 for sure...

i've not been to F69 but I've been to ADS many times...avoid it! Long waits for TO and landing especially if IFR. Fuel will be at least $1.00 more at ADS not to mention tie down fees.

The fuel part is correct. I have never experienced long waits at Addison. T31 Aero Country is IN FRISCO. It may not be listed that way but it is right off of N. Coit rd. (I lived there) There is no fuel but Mckinney is very close (by air) also. There is plenty of grass and I'm sure someone will let you tie down as there are always planes outside in this fashion.

Aero country does not have public tie downs last time I was there. Also they do not have any fuel for purchase. I could be completely wrong but that's what I remember.

-david

T31 does have fuel; but it costs $6.15/gal. I fly to Sherman (KSWI) just north of there & then hop over to T31. Was $4.25/gal last time there. They sell lots fuel & could be higher now; but will have best price in area.

Cheers,

Aero Country, T31, was in fact a good place to land. It was within 7 miles from my destination in the Frisco area. Self serve fuel, tie downs, etc.

Thanks again for the advice,
Gus

Back