What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flight from KTFP to KVCT

aguiraf

Well Known Member
Yesterday's flight from T.P. McCampbell to Victoria, TX. My wife, Peggy and I are enjoying the Skyview from Dynon and the EZ-Pilot from Trio Avionics. We still have a few items to correct: magnetic heading calibration and slight error on the skid ball. After ten years of using the Navaid autopilot I have switched to the EZ-Pilot and the result is totally superior. The Navaid was a good unit but no comparison to the accuracy of the EZ-Pilot. It performed well on a GPS approach to runway 13 at T. P. McCampbell :). http://n996us.blogspot.com.

Kevin, I saw on his blog he kept the Navaid Servo

I keep looking at other RV-6a's to spur me on to finish mine. Maybe by year end. Sooner if I stay off this website.....:)

upgraded avionics

Gus: The panel looks great. Nice to see it all working well also.You put a lot of time into the project and has paid off. I am very pleased with the trio autopilot in my plane also.I am still using the Nav-Aid servo in my wing. Bill Marcum RV-6A N237B

Navaid Servo

Hi you All,

Yes your all are correct, I kept the Navaid Servo. Bill Marcum recommended to just change the head. Trio also suggested that it will work well with the Navaid servo. They were right!. I repeat, the improvement is a quantum leap.:D

Back